Trasharoo Question

Enigma

Observer
Love my trasheroo, I use it constantly for packing mostly out other peoples garbage, P1050730 (800x600).jpgP1050731 (800x600).jpgP1050732 (800x600).jpgbut after just over one year of use one of the straps going over the top of the tire is ripped in half. A stronger strap/more UV resistant material would be 'da bomb.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
This was a uv/dye problem we were having. All of current bags have been changed to non-dyed black webbing straps for the x-strap. Please give us a call on Monday and we can set you up with one.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Love my trasheroo, I use it constantly for packing mostly out other peoples garbage, but after just over one year of use one of the straps going over the top of the tire is ripped in half. A stronger strap/more UV resistant material would be 'da bomb.

This was a uv/dye problem we were having. All of current bags have been changed to non-dyed black webbing straps for the x-strap. Please give us a call on Monday and we can set you up with one.

Exactly what happened to mine as well, and Dave sent me a new replacement with the new non-dyed straps, no charge, just in time for hunting season. You will be taken care of. Trasharoo rocks! :clapsmile

Enigma

Observer
Exactly what happened to mine as well, and Dave sent me a new replacement with the new non-dyed straps, no charge, just in time for hunting season. You will be taken care of. Trasharoo rocks! :clapsmile

We chatted this morning, great customer service! :ylsmoke:

Boost Creep

Adventurer
Not sure what you drive, but I dont have a spare tire rack, so I have it strapped through the tailgate on the Power Wagon. Works great

ahh, i have a yukon so thats a no go for me. some day i'll get a new rear bumper with a tire carrier for a full size spare. just have to wait till then

crismateski

American Adventurist
ahh, i have a yukon so thats a no go for me. some day i'll get a new rear bumper with a tire carrier for a full size spare. just have to wait till then

I am sure someone here can make up some extension straps, or bungie cords, or lag bolts or something that will hold it to the door :)

X2 on all accounts
Dave has awesome customer service

Enigma

Observer
Thanks again Dave for the great customer service on my strap warranty. The new unit was waiting for me at home the otherday.

John E Davies

Adventurer
What about animals? I camp in bear country so there is no way I could put garbage in there when bears are close.... . But what about other times and other pests, like raccoons or stray dogs or hungry hobos? Has anyone had problems with unauthorized night visitors raiding the bag?

"Holds a 30 gallon trash bag" - that is 8040 cu inches, does that sound about right? That is three or four good sized backpacks. My emergency/ survival gear pack is a Camelback TransAlp - 1923 cu in - so I am impressed if the Trasharoo really holds four times that much! I would like to see pics of how much it can hold.

I actually might use it more for firewood - to keep insect riders out of the cabin.

Thanks.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

seanz0rz

Adventurer
I've never had mine raided, even with meat leftovers inside and hearing the coyotes in the distance. I suppose it would depend a lot on the location you are camping in and the frequency of wildlife encounters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78