Lone Peak Overland

Geoyota82

thank you guys for all the good information on the awning brackets and will defiantly put on my list of extra things to garb during installation

19mystic96

Seems silly for them to not sell them individually. Especially if they were designed to have 3 in the first place.

I wonder if LP would change their minds if there were enough people to call and complain/inquire.

MR E30

Thanks for your clarity guys. I should have been more clear in my previous post: the GFC brackets did not sustain any serious damage (some flexing and slight bending). The mounts themselves were ripped out of the side of the extrusion itself (and a couple bolts sheared/failed as well). The failure occurred while the awning was deployed in a parking lot in a small town on a windy day.

I realize you all aren't engineers, but there is so much more to the design of a bracket than just its overall thickness. If it was just down to the thickness of stuff the world would be a wayyyyy simpler thing to understand.

Glad to hear that you are all opting for more than just the (2) that are provided. I'd be going with (4) personally and this is what I strongly recommend to my friends/acquaintances.

BudLoomis

Seems silly for them to not sell them individually. Especially if they were designed to have 3 in the first place.

I wonder if LP would change their minds if there were enough people to call and complain/inquire.
There is an option on their website to purchase 1 and/or 2 awning brackets. It looks like they may just need to update the pricing, but it seems to be in the works

1titanfan

I said that I was told that OVS designed them to use 3 but that was a totally different set up on a RTT. There is quite a bit of flexing on a RTT because of the way it is mounted, because you have 3 different flex points compared to the extruded frame style where there is only one. Yes I wish they would sell them individually also but you have to consider LP and their ordering process. They have a lot of stuff on their plate right now.

Jpcarm

For the folks who already got their campers installed, how long does it take for install, from showing up to back on the road? Thanks in advance, trying to plan this all out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78