Lone Peak Overland

Antwon412

I agree he had some really cool products. Y’all should check out his YouTube videos. I liked his swing out shower cube holder. There is another company that makes something similar but his is so much more simple.

I have watched them. Definitely and I set up. I really like seeing these campers out and about with real people using them.

whizbang

My order number is 1585. Currently projected for mid-September.

My hunch is that the schedule will get bumped 2 or 3 times between now and September. That puts my completion date in November or December. I am not super crazy about driving from Seattle to Wenatchee in crappy weather. Oh well.

I am, however, super excited about getting my pop-up camper. I am a flyfisherman and amateur astronomer. I spent many nights a year in eastern WA, Idaho, and Montana. The weather can be pretty awful some times. I need to have a RV style camper that allows me to hang out INDOORS in foul weather.

What I visualize for my Lone Peak pop-up is a Micro RV: seating and sleeping accommodations, electrical power hookups, a kitchen sink with running water and a gray water holding tank, an ice chest, a Porta-Potti, a 12 volt DC power system, internal lights, a two burner propane stove, and a catalytic propane heater, a LP gas detector and a CO detector.

My micro-RV will be a three piece deal: a passenger side seating, sleeping, and storage unit, a driver side "kitchen" cabinet, and a driver side rear corner Deep Cycle battery and Cat Heater unit.

I have been working steady for three weeks now. I have the Seating/Sleeping/Storage box complete.

I expect to have the kitchen complete by the end of next week (April 5th).

Attachments

• seating storage 01.jpg
    seating storage 01.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 38
  • kitchen rough framing.jpg
    kitchen rough framing.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

1titanfan

My hunch is that the schedule will get bumped 2 or 3 times between now and September. That puts my completion date in November or December. I am not super crazy about driving from Seattle to Wenatchee in crappy weather. Oh well.

I am, however, super excited about getting my pop-up camper. I am a flyfisherman and amateur astronomer. I spent many nights a year in eastern WA, Idaho, and Montana. The weather can be pretty awful some times. I need to have a RV style camper that allows me to hang out INDOORS in foul weather.

What I visualize for my Lone Peak pop-up is a Micro RV: seating and sleeping accommodations, electrical power hookups, a kitchen sink with running water and a gray water holding tank, an ice chest, a Porta-Potti, a 12 volt DC power system, internal lights, a two burner propane stove, and a catalytic propane heater, a LP gas detector and a CO detector.

My micro-RV will be a three piece deal: a passenger side seating, sleeping, and storage unit, a driver side "kitchen" cabinet, and a driver side rear corner Deep Cycle battery and Cat Heater unit.

I have been working steady for three weeks now. I have the Seating/Sleeping/Storage box complete.

Your truck sounds like it will be pretty cool set up. I think you might be surprised by the time frame for receiving your camper. Mine has been pushed back 3 times post production and a few times for all of us preproduction. I would suggest not going with a propane heater because of the condensation problem inherent with propane heaters. Check into diesel heaters. I built a swing away carrier for my two 5 gallon gas cans and a 11# propane tank And possibly a diesel tank. I’m sort of glad for one thing about getting my camper bumped back is that I won’t have to drive from San Diego to Wenatchee in winter. It’s nice that you can do some things now until you get your camper,because I will have to wait and then spend about 6more weeks building out the interior. Hope to see you down the road.

Dave in AZ

Uhmm... Tune M1 order today, install 15Jul24. They have hit target installs 100% so far. That's 3.5 mo assured.

I liked the LonePeak, it was my #1 wedge. And a smoking cheap price. But them having my $$ for a year and no camper... I went elsewhere.

Antwon412

Uhmm... Tune M1 order today, install 15Jul24. They have hit target installs 100% so far. That's 3.5 mo assured.

I liked the LonePeak, it was my #1 wedge. And a smoking cheap price. But them having my $$ for a year and no camper... I went elsewhere.

This tempts me too. Unfortunately it’s twice the price. And at this point any other brand would have a delivery date near what LP has said. Their current schedule at least.
There are several nice campers out there now.

Antwon412

good looking set up. Are you concerned at all about things not fitting one you get the camper? I want to start on mine but I think I really need to have the camper mounted to my truck to get an actual idea of how things would work.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Your truck sounds like it will be pretty cool set up. I think you might be surprised by the time frame for receiving your camper. Mine has been pushed back 3 times post production and a few times for all of us preproduction. I would suggest not going with a propane heater because of the condensation problem inherent with propane heaters. Check into diesel heaters. I built a swing away carrier for my two 5 gallon gas cans and a 11# propane tank And possibly a diesel tank. I’m sort of glad for one thing about getting my camper bumped back is that I won’t have to drive from San Diego to Wenatchee in winter. It’s nice that you can do some things now until you get your camper,because I will have to wait and then spend about 6more weeks building out the interior. Hope to see you down the road.
I drove from Texas to Wenatchee in the dead of Winter, and ran into more than a few storms on my trip. The trip home was brutal. Straight through from Wenatchee to Lubbock TX after picking it up, and ran into snow in Eastern WA, ID, MT, WY, UT, and NM. CO was the only state I didn’t get snow in. On the trip north I hit a pretty heavy snow storm in OR. Luckily I’m not the average Texan that can’t drive in snow lol most of us act like the world came to an end when there’s an inch of powder on the ground.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
good looking set up. Are you concerned at all about things not fitting one you get the camper? I want to start on mine but I think I really need to have the camper mounted to my truck to get an actual idea of how things would work.
I can’t imagine that would be an issue if you’re building it to your bed and staying within the confines of his current topper.. At least with my F250 it wouldn’t be.

whizbang

So, I've decided that my kitchen needs a microwave oven. I picked it up an hour ago.

Am I concerned about production delivery delays? No. My last camping trip each year is usually mid to late October. And I don't generally start up again until late March or early April. So, getting the new Lone Peak delivery in November, December, January, February or March is all the same to me. I won't be camping over the winter anyway.

Regarding the fit into the new Lone Peak camper: I sure hope the fit is not a problem. The Lone Peak mounting pucks are my biggest concern. The sitting/storage platform should be low enough to slip under the pucks. The kitchen might have a problem with the front puck. However, I overbuilt the kitchen with a seriously stout frame. If I have to notch out a section of wood around the puck, it should still be okay.

Re Diesel heat vs Catalytic heat: I don't know much about diesel. Yes, I am concerned about moisture and condensation from the Cat. However, I have the Catalytic heater and I and going to start out with it. If it turns out being a problem, I will have to ditch the cat and go with a diesel.

Attachments

• Kitchen less rough.jpg
    Kitchen less rough.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

1titanfan

I drove from Texas to Wenatchee in the dead of Winter, and ran into more than a few storms on my trip. The trip home was brutal. Straight through from Wenatchee to Lubbock TX after picking it up, and ran into snow in Eastern WA, ID, MT, WY, UT, and NM. CO was the only state I didn’t get snow in. On the trip north I hit a pretty heavy snow storm in OR. Luckily I’m not the average Texan that can’t drive in snow lol most of us act like the world came to an end when there’s an inch of powder on the ground.
I’ve been through Texas a few times and the last time was in pouring rain going through Houston, I mean DANG! My wife lived in San Antonio for about 8 years and she said it was so bad she didn’t leave the house when it rained. Don’t come to SoCal if it’s raining, really. Have you been on anymore trips?

1titanfan

What was your order number?

TexasSixSeven

Observer
I’ve been through Texas a few times and the last time was in pouring rain going through Houston, I mean DANG! My wife lived in San Antonio for about 8 years and she said it was so bad she didn’t leave the house when it rained. Don’t come to SoCal if it’s raining, really. Have you been on anymore trips?
I’ve used it about 12 nights so far. Me and my boy have spent a handful of nights camping at some family property along a river in central TX, a few nights in northern NM in January, a couple nights in CO, and one in Broken Bow. I’ve got 2 nights planned on a buddies 12K acre ranch in 2 weeks, 3 more nights planned back at the family property at the end of April, and a week in SW CO in June for now. Hoping to get a few more impromptu nights in along the way.

1titanfan

That’s awesome spending so much time with your boys that’s so important. They will remember those trips forever. I still remember the trips to the mountains that our family took with all this surplus gear he got when he got back from the pacific after WW2 was over, good times. I can’t wait to get back to camping, it’s been too long.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
That’s awesome spending so much time with your boys that’s so important. They will remember those trips forever. I still remember the trips to the mountains that our family took with all this surplus gear he got when he got back from the pacific after WW2 was over, good times. I can’t wait to get back to camping, it’s been too long.
Yes sir that was the main proponent in me going to the Lone Peak after spending so much time in tents and RTTs over the years. Momma feels safer with the boys in the wedge camper, and the the safer momma feels the more they get to go out with me. I’ve got 4 nights in it alone, and the rest are either with my oldest boy or all 4 of us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior