'08 Hunting/harvest report

Mercedesrover

Explorer
Looks like a Browning A5? What year?

I went and looked at a first-year Belgium A5 today but passed on it. Had a open choke and a Cutts compensator on it. It was in pretty nice shape. They guy said new, unfired but it's hard to tell. Wanted $650 for it.

Nice pile of bunnies and birds!

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Mercedesrover said:
Looks like a Browning A5? What year?

I went and looked at a first-year Belgium A5 today but passed on it. Had a open choke and a Cutts compensator on it. It was in pretty nice shape. They guy said new, unfired but it's hard to tell. Wanted $650 for it.

Nice pile of bunnies and birds!

Thanks!

And yes it is a A5. It belonged to a friend of my Dad's. It's a 16 guage, and is one of the early models. As you can see this was a truck gun, beat and worn cosmetically but operates like a champ. My Dad likes to take it for a walk every winter, call it the A.C. Ginnery Memorial Bunny Bustin' Bash. It still shoots awesome. I have a newer model A5, I use it for turkey hunting, but still prefer my doubles. The double on the gun case is my Beretta Silver Hawk, my favorite gun that I own.

Last edited:

lowenbrau

Explorer
Haggis said:
Thanks!

And yes it is a A5. It belong to a friend of my Dad's. It's a 16 guage, and is one of the early models. As you can see this was a truck gun, beat and worn cosmetically but operates like a champ.

Sweet Sixteens are getting hard to find in nice condition. I looked at an absolutely mint one at the Calgary gun show last year and the owner wanted $900 for it. I figured it was way too much and came home and thought about it for a while. Finally decided that they were too hard to find in that condition to pass up but when I went back for it, it was gone :( The nice patina of your Dad's proves how valuable they are.

paleohntr

My 2008 hunting report goes as this....1 week of rifle and muzzle loader in the far NW part of my state for deer, and 5 days in Denmark hunting Red Stag. I saw some big-uns but just couldn't seal the deal. That's three helpings of tag soup for me.:chef:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78