'10 4runner - game on

zidaro

Explorer
Finally ditched the 20"Limited wheels and replaced them with 18" OEM Toyota wheels off an 08' Limited. Still feels plenty tight on highspeed corners and now we have a bit more side-wall for the rocks. Cheaper tires and more options when it comes time to replace too.

IMG_0643.jpg

cam-shaft

Bluebird days
Looking good. Will 17" wheels fit the limited? I know tire options for an 18" wheel is not that great.

Cam-shaft.

zidaro

Explorer
Finally!! Suspension is on and alignment a success. Threw on some Falken Rocky Mtn ATS tires- 275/70-18 (33x11x18 equivalent) with no rub on body mount at flex in turns. Install went without issue, took me 6hrs start to finish. XREAS removal is easy.

6bc69482-48c1-4991-aa8e-e53bdb1fe2f7_zpsd31dfdf2.jpg

ICON 2.5 Remote Rezis in rear with the ICON springs

IMG_1122_zpsc1e1bccc.jpg

Threw in a set of MetalTech offset Lower Links for stoutness

IMG_1123_zps1a4ec88b.jpg

Front has the billet UCAs and 2.5 Ext. Travel Coils

IMG_1127_zpsbc840891.jpg

Decent rear droop with the sway bar still attached

IMG_1126_zps6bc78b97.jpg

Rails on washboard and small rutted roads like its riding across butter, feels similar to the XREAS on the roads, front swaybar is removed. LOOKS like it should.

Last edited:

zidaro

Explorer
BudBuilt Front skid in 3/16" Stainless Steel, finally installed.

Install would have been simple. Take off oem front skid, leave front bumper/crossmember support braces, bolt on Budbuilt, wheel.

But i have a Shrockworks front bumper and skid. The SW skid tucks under the crossmember braces and bolts to the frame, blocks the entire front lip of BB skid at front of frame. Does not interfere with any mounting screws of either. Easily solved by trimming the BB, but did require some fab tools (in my case a plasma). Once BB was measured and trimmed, it bolted right up with no issue.
Easy to identify notching at front edge of budbuilt, under the much thinner alum. SW skid.
Have not beat on it, but certainly is MUCH beefier than the tin can skid the runner came with. Looking forward to affording the rest of the undercarriage set to the transfer case, at some time. Looks GREAT!

DSC_0004-2_zps48826c59.jpg

DSC_0003-3_zps0e5ef446.jpg

zidaro

Explorer
Man, i sure have neglected this thread :)

Runner is still killing it, no issues. My wife neglects and abuses it as much as she can, rain, snow, or shine.

IMG_2277_zpsky9s0pio.jpg

Bumped the tire size up. Cooper Zeon 275/70R18 Love these tires and they are amazing in the snow.
IMG_2302_zpslodtrwyt.jpg

spare fits in oem space.

IMG_2308_zps6zysw257.jpg

Been running with Budbuilt sliders for a couple years. BOMBER!!! no shopping cart is safe. and we don't worry about the rockers when cruising the Desert or Mtn roads and trails

IMG_2275_zpsvsmehgub.jpg

IMG_1020_zpsc5091795.jpg

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
I like those BudBuilt sliders. Been trying to decide what route I want to go.

It's been a while since I've updated my thread too. Just been enjoying life and the 4runner but one of these days I'll sit down and update it.

Runner still looks good! Great vehicle! Good on you for updating ;)

zidaro

Explorer
I love them, thanks. Great support plates and mandatory kickouts. Have used them to lift the Runner a few times, and scrubbed a few rocks and stumps with them. No SERIOUS use, just your average ride. This IS my Wifes rig, after all ;)
Check out C4Fabrication too, they have some amazing high quality looking sliders, id love a set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman