100 Build

nexgen91

Observer
nope, it's not mine. My fathers actually. I snuck the 100 into the garage to get out of the sun.

It is/was a F430 with the Challenge wheels. It's been replaced with something that has another 150hp and a V12.

Nice, I see you and your dad both enjoy some fine automobiles. One day I shall have a Ferrari, one day...

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
Nice, I see you and your dad both enjoy some fine automobiles. One day I shall have a Ferrari, one day...

He's the onroad guy, I'm the offroad guy :D . I enjoy running around town with him and his cars. He enjoys running around the mountains and trails in my rig. We enjoy cars, always talking about them and messing with something.

nexgen91

Observer
He's the onroad guy, I'm the offroad guy :D . I enjoy running around town with him and his cars. He enjoys running around the mountains and trails in my rig. We enjoy cars, always talking about them and messing with something.

That's awesome, hopefully when my kids get older they will be into cars as much as I am (they are already well on their way)

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
That's awesome, hopefully when my kids get older they will be into cars as much as I am (they are already well on their way)

They will, support them and there hobbies (to a extent, your not the corporate credit card). They will grow up into cars and wheeling, not going out and drinking and smoking. I grew up around cars, I'd rather be under a rig laughing my *** off about the last time I went offroad and got stuck while scraping mud off my truck than out drinking and getting into trouble.

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
Full LED interior:

IMG_1572.JPG

IMG_1569.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

Look at the side of the house, and the car next to me in the garage. You know it's bright!

IMG_1567.JPG

Sawyer

Adventurer
Curious... what prepainting steps did you do to the underside... I need to do this soon. Did you use any cleaners, etc...... or did you just paint over everything?

Did some clean up on the 100 this past weekend. It needed it and was looking rather grim. took aware wheel and some black paint and touched up some rust pockets and scrapes. Did the rims in a semi-gloss black, flat black looked faded all the time. I keep going back and forth. My underside looks like a virgin again. Tore my interior apart and detailed that as well. Threw some waxed on it to mask some scratches and left it at a shop for them to buff and pull a few dents here and there. Some weren't removable without paint or a new fender but oh well. She looks new! Well, uhm, clean again! I lost the bumper at Durhamtown, I drilled some new holes and mounted it back up. Looked like I was in a hit and run and hated seeing bare frame and that dent in the rear lower quarter panel. Plastic bumper has survived massive beatings and near death experiences. Amazing it's still in one piece.

a6890ca7-ddc5-642d.jpg

a6890ca7-ddd7-8045.jpg

a6890ca7-de7b-b008.jpg
a6890ca7-de99-6da2.jpg

Last ride out at Durhamtown
a6890ca7-df3e-c4d1.jpg

a6890ca7-dfae-d4ce.jpg

a6890ca7-df5c-80b1.jpg

a6890ca7-e0be-9a88.jpg

a6890ca7-e0e4-26cc.jpg

a6890ca7-e194-a224.jpg

a6890ca7-e1b2-7a8e.jpg

a6890ca7-e1ce-50ac.jpg

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
Curious... what prepainting steps did you do to the underside... I need to do this soon. Did you use any cleaners, etc...... or did you just paint over everything?

Just took a pressure washer and got most of the dirt and dust off. Went underneath with a old towel and some soap and water. Rinsed it off and hit it with a nice coat of paint. Don't hit any boots with a pressure washer. Last thing you want is to slice a boot with a 2500PSI pressure washer

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
New FRB. Replaced the Toyota recovery hooks with (2)beefy CNC steel FRB from the 100-series group buy over on ih8mud. Now I just need to find my D-shackles.

6342dc8a-b60e-96e7.jpg
6342dc8a-b61d-245a.jpg

Last edited:

r3run33

Adventurer
hello 2000 let us know about the shackles. I need some also can anyone recommend any which they have had good history with?

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
Small update-

New torsion bars, increase lift to 2.5". Bi-Xenon HID Projectors with HID High-beams has well. Ram Mount for iPad, LED turn signals and DRL's in the ARB (can't miss them now), tinted windshield (I have a eye condition that requires me to where near pitch black sunglasses + tinting), new Costco floor mats and some other garbage.

IMG_2029.JPG

IMG_2041_2.JPG

IMG_2033_2.JPG

IMG_2034_2.JPG

IMG_2035_2.JPG

IMG_2037.JPG

IMG_2052.JPG

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2085_2.JPG

IMG_2086.JPG

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
Few updates since last time.

I increased the total lift in the rear to a hair over 3". I am right at 3.2" in the rear now. I cranked the front up just a tad more and ended up at 2.75". I have some N74L shocks in the mail for my little winter project. If you are not familiar with the N74L it's the Old Man Emu shock that is for the 80 Series, there long travel option. I few members run the N74L and I can't get a solid answer other than pictures and arguing. So I will find out in my own opinion if they are worth it.

I am also in the process of removing all stickers as well. When my truck got caught in a drive by earlier this year I lost my rear window and a few interior pieces so I lost stickers, I like the way she looks without them. So they are coming off.

IMG_2426.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12