100 Build

AlexJet

Explorer
Nice build.
Just out of curiosity. Are you fine driving at night with windshield tinted? I understand that this your medical condition, but how authority look into this, any restrictions?
In Canada we can have 6" from the top of windshield tinted. If you have between 6 and 10, you can get a ticket at night time. I had 7" on my old RAV4 and had to trim 1" off after cop warned me.

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
Nice build.
Just out of curiosity. Are you fine driving at night with windshield tinted? I understand that this your medical condition, but how authority look into this, any restrictions?
In Canada we can have 6" from the top of windshield tinted. If you have between 6 and 10, you can get a ticket at night time. I had 7" on my old RAV4 and had to trim 1" off after cop warned me.

Well, it takes some getting used to when your driving in the back country roads honestly. High beams come on a lot sooner and a lot more generally. In the city it's find, if there is any light around you it does not bother you. I have a permit and a small sticker on the windshield signifying legality. In GA window tint is a second offense, meaning they cannot pull you over only for dark tint. You must get a first offense, such as speeding, running a light, etc. I have been questioned before but after a quick explanation and some paper showing I was on my way. They generally leave people with dark tint alone down here. There have been to many cases in Atlanta where a police officer pulls over a tinted vehicle and approaches not knowing what's on the other side of the window. In GA you are limited to 35% on all windows, and nothing on the windshield unless you have a medical condition. For me, it's red, watery, irritated eyes since I'm very sensite to bright light. If I don't have my glasses. I don't drive. many people tint there windows then apply the sticker. I must be applied between the glass and tint to be legal.

I did plenty of research before tinting my windows this dark. I have not been questioned out of state, but I am not sure the stickers would apply. I'd rather not find out.

bad80

Observer
As always, keep up the good work! one of the nicest and best USED 100 series TLC that I have seeing.

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
Thank you all for the comments, keeps me updating this thread. Also, if you have taken the time to read everything...I give you credit. It's a long build.

I went wheeling Saturday and gave the "L" shocks a test. Adding 3" of travel at the wheels in the rear has made a huge difference. To recap why I did the "L" shock mod, I have had Bilstein 4600's for the past 2 years. At the time I was not aware of the rear shock length. It is .5" shorter than OEM, and 1" shorter than the standard OME shocks for the 100. I was always on 3 wheels. The "L" shocks are the 80 Series long travel shock from OME. I thoroughly put them through their paces this week, from some higher speed washboard roads to some pretty twisty trails. I will admit, I love them 100%.

Some photo's of this weekend:

attachment.php

IMG_2717.JPG

IMG_2621.JPG

IMG_2553.JPG

IMG_2555.JPG

attachment.php

attachment.php

IMG_2322.JPG

IMG_2375.JPG

IMG_2547.JPG

yeti_in_ga

SE Expedtion Society
That was a fun run ! I am always impressed with your skill at the wheel and how well the Hundy does...

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
Picked up some headers from DT this past week. Install will be in the next few weeks when I have time. More updates to come when I start exhaust. Other recent projects were clean up the underside again, downsized my subwoofer in anticipation for my drawer build.

attachment.php

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
Any updates on this? See your rig all the time over on MUD

I spend 99% of my forum time on MUD. Quite a bit has changed (actually A LOT). I'll post an update soon once I gather all the things I have changed. I didn't realize how much had changed until I looked at my last update.

Nick

codename607

Adventurer
Great build man!! I just spent the last few hours reading it from top to bottom. Makes me want to start another project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12