10th Gen Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon XL/Yukon picture thread(2000-2006)

Adventurer
Would love to see what others have done to their rides. I used the search and all pretty random stuff. So I figured we could get a thread of pics of this specific generation.. Hope u guys don't mind.. I'll kick it off with some random pics I've been able to find.(none are of mine which is still a stock 03XL)...

Some of my favorites..

RCDinstalledsideviewwithboxon.jpg

29494720002_large.jpg

749e0155.jpg

And my absolute favorite. I'm hoping mine turns out something like this one actually... Props to the owners of these rides. Great job..

P1012762.jpg

nakota

Observer
these pics aren't the best, but here's the progression of my truck so far -

hiking050.jpg

bigmoon005-1.jpg

res062.jpg

..the bison head is my favorite mod to date :p

res060.jpg

Oh, and the plans i have for it include -
tearing out the carpet and putting down vinyl (carpet + dogs + mud do not mix)
replacing my rusted out bumper with a steel bumper w/tire carrier....basically i'm copying off of 02tahoemd's tahoe :coffeedrink:
fog/driving lights mounted to the push bar

wacker

Observer
About time! We really need some specs though. I really like the stance of the last black one, is it stock suspension? if so what specs are the tires and wheels. I recently picked up an 02 Z71 burb that I'm setting up as our new family ride. Don't want to lift it but could benefit from a more aggressive tread and some better looking wheels.

02TahoeMD

Explorer
I was going to reply to this when I saw the thread title....and then noticed my rig is already shown. Thanks! I recognize the black wheels on the nifty rig above as Cragar Soft 8s, which I ran on my rig for about a year before I could afford my Mojaves. Looks like the suspension is stock.

Adventurer
Yea Tahoe MD I apologize for using that pic without your consent. I honestly didn't know who's rig that was til I saw your thread.. If I'm not mistaken, I think I got that pic from google lol.. I'll remove it if you like..

nakota

Observer
About time! We really need some specs though. I really like the stance of the last black one, is it stock suspension? if so what specs are the tires and wheels. I recently picked up an 02 Z71 burb that I'm setting up as our new family ride. Don't want to lift it but could benefit from a more aggressive tread and some better looking wheels.

Ooops! Yep, it's stock suspension (with the front keys cranked), the wheels are indeed Cragar Soft 8's, and the tires are 255/80/17 KM2's.

Can't wait to see pics of your truck!

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
We bought this one brand new in 2004 and sold it yesterday to my SIL with 112,000 on the ticker. It was bone stock except for torsion bar keys and LT tires. It will be replaced with a 2012/2013 GMT900 Tahoe Z71 by the end of the year and before they change the body style to the new K2 platform where the ½ ton SUVs will most likely get Independent Rear Suspension. We can’t find one with the options and color (Mocha) we want so it looks like we will have to order it. Never really considered a late model GM SUV as something I would want to get too far off the beaten path with. They cost too much with too much low hanging parts to snag. I prefer old rigs for off-road adventures. Ours was just a mall crawler although it has been on a few mellow trail rides in the mountains.

3567649874_b298ef1f15_b.jpg

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Yea Tahoe MD I apologize for using that pic without your consent. I honestly didn't know who's rig that was til I saw your thread.. If I'm not mistaken, I think I got that pic from google lol.. I'll remove it if you like..

No apologies necessary, I am flattered that you found it at random and linked to it.:ylsmoke: Nakota, you have a nice looking rig in progress, I have always liked the black paint with black wheels look.

I am, however, quite intrigued by the white Yukon at the top of the photo list. ( at least, I think it is just by the portion of the headlights I can see) I have never seen a rear bumper like that on a NBS style truck. I like it a LOT. Even better clearance and quarter panel protection than what I have on there right now. Hmmmmmm. "28", do you remember where you found that pic?

brasskey

Observer
I am, however, quite intrigued by the white Yukon at the top of the photo list. ( at least, I think it is just by the portion of the headlights I can see) I have never seen a rear bumper like that on a NBS style truck. I like it a LOT. Even better clearance and quarter panel protection than what I have on there right now. Hmmmmmm. "28", do you remember where you found that pic?

I was thinking the same thing. Would love to have more info on that bumper. I would think it's custom as are the sliders.

Almost looks like an older Reunel rear bumper.

Don't think it's a Ruenel since it has quarter panel protection and a tire carrier/jerry can carrier. Also looks too small (vertically) to be a Ruenel. But, I guess it could be a modified Ruenel. I don't think they made (or make) them with options for quarter panel protection and jerry can/tire carriers.

Last edited:

Singbush

Observer
Here's my '02 Suburban. There doesn't seem to be many of this body style around here, but I absolutely love mine.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327127896.324470.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327127896.324470.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 96

Repo503

Adventurer
I still have a 2001 Yukon Denali that I bought new in late 2000 when I was 16 or 17...81k on the clock and bone stock. Just hauls the dogs around and makes costco runs these days. I think they would make a great expo rig if they had a low range because the size and reliability is there and I love the 6.0 LQ4, plus GM Polo Green Metallic is my favorite car color ever.

MD I think I first saw your rig over on TYF...love at first sight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998