1988 Suburban "MOBY"

tgdoumit

Adventurer

Comparison of new to old.

Spent some quality time inspecting parts and cleaning.

Checking the fingers for uniformity.

All torqued up and correctly aligned.
My first clutch. Funny how many times I've taken rigs apart and put them back together without doing a clutch.

Watt maker

Not sure if you've done it yet but look into getting a dowel pin retainer kit (killer dowel pin) on that cummins before you stick it in.

spacer

Observer
I was drawn to this thread, as I'm in the process of picking up a Suburban (04 Z71), and I'd thought about naming it Moby Richard. I thought this was better than my daughter's idea of "Big Dog Butt". The PO has dogs, so there is a whiff of their presence, hence her name.

offroadrolls

Observer
This is a great thread! Gotta love a Burb. I have a friend that put an 8.1 in a late 80's with a "fossil fuels are yummy" bumper sticker.
I have a 91 12 valve out of a 2wd mine truck. It has 1500 hours on it hauling miners down into and out of a mine in Rock Spring Wyoming.
Anyway, I started a conversion to put it, its tranny, springs an axles into a 67 K20 about 10 years ago. Man I boxed the frame, built a cross member for the motor and did a ton of prep work before it got pushed to the back burner. It's been in storage ever since. I feel this thread lighting a fire under my......

Copy of House pics 041.jpg

Copy of House pics 030.jpg

spacer

Observer
Ooh. I once saw an '80s model Burb with a Cummins and was VERY intrigued.
Never ran across one in a newer truck though.

tgdoumit

Adventurer

the wee one helped me get the NV4500 in place. she was running the bolts and thread locker.

messing with the bulkhead plug. i really want to eliminate anything not needed. going to attack the tbi wires soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz