Spy photo of new AT Trailer

GeoTracker90

Adventurer
Looking good guys. Can't wait to see actual photos of the prototype. Will the finished product be able to have a Baja Rack on the roof like what is shown in the "stored" photo? Being a clam shell design I would think that it would take quite the beating from coming into contact with the ground when the trailer is opened up.

Just playing this out in my mind and trying to figure how everything will interact.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the larger pictures.

Mike

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
GeoTracker90 said:
Looking good guys. Can't wait to see actual photos of the prototype. Will the finished product be able to have a Baja Rack on the roof like what is shown in the "stored" photo? Being a clam shell design I would think that it would take quite the beating from coming into contact with the ground when the trailer is opened up.

Just playing this out in my mind and trying to figure how everything will interact.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the larger pictures.

Mike

The Baja Rack will be available, it won't be on the ground when the lid is opened we will be using height adjustable feet below it.

The pictures you are seeing are the way we conceptualize the trailer. We do detailed scaled plans, then scale photo concept, then prototype. The photo concepts are the best way to see what the product will actually look like.

Gonzzo

Observer
Here is an idea i have been playing with for my hitch basket. How about making the baja rack detachable from the top of the trailer and making it attachable to the side of the trailer using the hi-lift as a single end leg or, adding some sort of legs and using it as a table(or making it a standalone table, up side down, with mesh on top...or is that the bottom). Maybe some attachments to hang a roll of paper towels and some lanterns?. The baja rack can also be used as an off the ground stand/foundation for a portable shower/toilet shelter. Maybe make an add-a-room for the shower/comode?.

I have a small s-10 based 2 door 4x4 blazer and space is at a premium, making everything pull double or even triple duty is priority, so i have to get creative with what i can carry in there. Shoot, you know them screw on/off gm radio antenna(e)?, add some line guides and a cork handle/reel and you have a fish'n pole!!!.(ok, that one is OUTHERE!!!).

Just a thought.

Gonzzo.

:jump:

spressomon

Expedition Leader
MaddBaggins said:
My wife is now pissed at me for not waiting to get the trailer and she wonders if I can sell the Horizon for one of these.

I hear ya...but I certainly would not have given up the past 1 1/2 years of using my Horizon to wait!

All you need to do is put a "For Sale" sign on the trailer and tow it around particularly during hunting season...it'll sell no problem! I continue to be amazed at how many guys come up when I'm gassing up the rig or whatever (espresso too ;-) to ask about my Horizon.

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Very nice looking trailer! I haven't seen anyone else ask but is this going to be more of a "premium" trailer or about the same price as the AT?

ckkone

Explorer
The BN Guy said:
Very nice looking trailer! I haven't seen anyone else ask but is this going to be more of a "premium" trailer or about the same price as the AT?

My guess would be more than a Kamparoo, but less than a Kimberly...

Martyn

ckkone said:
My guess would be more than a Kamparoo, but less than a Kimberly...

The issues are, in our opinion, the Kimberly is too big and heavy, and the Kamparoo has too light a chassis and body.

Take the best of both add it to our chassis and suspension, hopefully we have a winner.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
spressomon said:
I hear ya...but I certainly would not have given up the past 1 1/2 years of using my Horizon to wait!

All you need to do is put a "For Sale" sign on the trailer and tow it around particularly during hunting season...it'll sell no problem! I continue to be amazed at how many guys come up when I'm gassing up the rig or whatever (espresso too ;-) to ask about my Horizon.

I'm finding that too. I get asked at least once every trip. I cannot believe it. Even if you're only parked for a few minutes to get gas...people ask all the time.

Bergger

Explorer
Martyn how have you guys solved the storage issue that the clamshell trailers have? I don't imagine the new one has the same capacity as the Horizon or Chaser. Is there simply a much deeper storage area under the bed? Any outside access to the storage compartment?

pint

Adventurer
That is a sweet trailer. Once it actually goes on sale I may have to sell my M101 to get one!

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
SOCALFJ said:
I couldn't agree more with you. I really want a 'hard shelled' place to sleep. Im tired of sleeping in and under canvas.

Real men sleep under canvas.:shakin:

Martyn

Bergger said:
Martyn how have you guys solved the storage issue that the clamshell trailers have? I don't imagine the new one has the same capacity as the Horizon or Chaser. Is there simply a much deeper storage area under the bed? Any outside access to the storage compartment?

Right now we are looking at 76 cubic feet of storage with two doors on the outside, one for access to the slide out kitchen and the other to a forward compartment. Access to the internal storage are from a hatch under the bed, and possibly tailgate access.

The Horizon has 54 cubic feet of storage and the Chaser 46 cubic feet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12