1988 Chevrolet Suburban V20 build

Scrib

Observer
My 60 thread isn't on here but yeah, everything bolts right up if you do a ~3+ inch lift (I did 3 front / 4 rear). I just used an adapter u-joint on the stock driveshaft. Without any lift, the stock driveshaft is going to be too long (pretty sure about that, anyway). Note that even with a 3-inch lift, you really need longer brake lines. My 60 came out of a single rear wheel 1-ton, the dually versions are wider.

cop car

Observer
im wanting to do about 4 front and 5 rear, think ill need an adapter u joint? and the one from the drive shaft to the rear snout?

Calplaya

Adventurer
nice!!! I may have to try this idea one of these days! On a diffrent suburban then the one i have tho since im working on other plans for it still haha. @Outback, wish I woulda known you were looking, had a buddy who sold his 89 factory black, minimul rust, 6 inch lifted with brand new 35 inch BFGoodrich tires and brand new rebuilt engine for $3500! I shoulda bought it but have enough projects of my own going haha. Cant wait to see how this build goes!

bfdiesel

Explorer
I have a set of those. Are yours 4.56's as well? Are you going to find some 14 bolt hubs to make the rear as wide as the front? If your 70HD has the two piece carrier a detroit will drop right in, I was hoping mine would be a two piece but I got a single piece.

cop car

Observer
hmm.. well my truck has a 14 bolt on it now. might get the hubs off it before i sell it. mine has 4.10 or 4.11s, and i dont know if its one or two piece carrier honestly.

i just need to get my lift springs and shackle flip on the way so i can put them up under there.

cop car

Observer
scored an 8500# warn winch and bumper mount for it.

driver winch.jpg

Eventual plan is to make bumpers for it, as well as trimmed fenders. Also going to make the winch hidden behind the front bumper

kfgk14

Adventurer
So you're converting to DRW? or are you gonna be using H1's and are just accounting for the backspacing?

cop car

Observer
im using hmmwv wheels/tires. here is a picture of them.

hmmwv wheels.jpg

i got lucky on craigslist and found these. i think no one else bought them becasue they were both out of a DRW truck. youd have to be running hmmwv wheels to need that width, luckly, i am :)

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I have a pair of Blazer rear windows that slide open and have wing windows if you are interested.

Like this:
100_4165web_zpseb7c3fdc.jpg

cop car

Observer
i actually prefer the solid rear windows, with the top on, most people wont even notice that the top even comes off

im trying to put the 4 inch lift and axle swap it sometime in the next couple of weeks. but we will see

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears