1992 E350 4x4 Ambo Conversion, Ohio

tgreening

Expedition Leader
What seats did you use in this pic? Hard to find ones that fold down that nice and flat.

I “think” those were Ford Explorer seats. I always have a hard time remembering because I went looking for something else but ended up with these instead.

*Edit*

1999 Ford Windstar seats.

Last edited:

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Anyway.....SPF. will know for sure in a week.

If you want to throw your hat in the ring have at it because ******** happens and a deal ain’t done till the money is in the bank..

SCRover

Adventurer
First ad I can remember rereading so as not to miss any of the funny. Great rig too.

Moderator should add "viewer discretion advised" for all the PC crowd and those on the coasts.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
What mpgs do you get with the rig?

Seriously, I don't even care. It's a 5+ ton rolling building and fuel mileage was never in the cards, but last I bothered to check was 11-ish highway. You might be able to squeeze 12 out of it if you're running very forgiving terrain. A proper adjustment of the IP and timing might do wonders, but I don't have the tools for that and it seems the local idi gurus think they do a better job by ear because none of them have the tools either.

patoz

Expedition Leader

Wow, that didn't take long! congrats.gif

Turbopowa

Well SOB. Following this build got me interested in ambos as a R/V platform. To the point where I put down a deposit on one from a local Fire Dep. Turns out the wife didn’t share the same enthusiasm for building out a 4x4 Ambo R/V In fact it came down to either forfeiting my deposit or my relationship. I clearly made the wrong choice cause we’re through regardless. Which is why I’m poking around back here but it looks like I’m a few days late. Someone got one hell of a sweet rig at a great price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears