1993 K2500-Picking up today!!!

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Does anyone have any idea what this is? It was under driver seat and is plugged in. I also removed a ton of old wiring for the DVD player the PO had installed. I would love to remove this, but don't know what it is, so i just plugged it back in and left it there.

Attachments

• Suburban Deconstruction 011.JPG
    Suburban Deconstruction 011.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 8

BBslider001

Diesel Head
So cool:Wow1: to see a new member to the `Burb´crew. Looks like you have got a steal of a deal Cheers, Chilli.:)

Thanks Chilli! More updates to come. I won't be making it as much of an expedition vehicle as others have done, but still have some ideas to make a good surf/beach vehicle as well as road tripping!!

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Just for you Larry. They don't do it justice, but I tried. More to come tomorrow!

Nice buddy! I still think you got one heck of a deal for a clean, rust-free, big block, full-floating rear axle, big bad Suburban even if you had to clean some ones earwax ridden Q-tips out of the interior. I don’t know what it is about Suburban pervious owner’s that make them such dirty sick pigs. The PO of my Burb used the center console as a trash bin. WTH is wrong with people where they are so gross with their vehicles? Wish you lived closer as I would love to help you play with his ole girl and get her all cleaned up.

That dealeo you found under the driver’s seat is the rear door speaker amplifier. Keep that thing if you plan on keeping the stock radio in working order.

Dude, if you run out of blue storage bins in the shop to store the nuts and bolts pruned for the Burb for cleaning you might be in trouble.:elkgrin:

......I just noticed it has an aftermarket stereo and aftermarket speakers in the rear doors….that being the case you can ditch the amp under the seat.

Last edited:

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Ah, the wicked amp for the stock stereo. I actually really wanted the stock stereo, but the PO couldn't find it. I may get one off of Ebay, unless there is a member here who might have one they want to let go. I don't really like the POS Sony he put in there, but oh well. That's the small stuff. So, will the rear door speakers not work now? I thought about replacing them today, but wanna make sure they work first.

More deconstruction today for the back half of the carpets, tailgate cover and door panels if I get time. I'll have before and after photos of that as well. In the meantime, here are some of the exterior taken this morning. And thanks for the offer Larry! I would definitely take you up on it! Buck Owens and CCR only go so far after 8-10 hours. :elkgrin:

Attachments

• suburban 005.JPG
    suburban 005.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 9
  • suburban 001.JPG
    suburban 001.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 5
  • suburban 002.JPG
    suburban 002.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 7
  • suburban 003.JPG
    suburban 003.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 6
  • suburban 004.JPG
    suburban 004.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 6

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
I don’t know if those rear speakers would work or not. I imagine they would if the PO wired them directly to the Sony deck.

That is hilarious about you listening to Buck Owens as I too was jamming to Buck Owens, Marty Robins, Cash and CCR yesterday on iPod in the garage. Great minds think alike.

Sure is a clean looking Burb!

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Thanks! The more I drive it and clean it up, the more I am stoked I got it. I keep hearing "it will get horrible gas mileage" from naysayers. Of course it will. It's a 454 TBI!! Like I didn't know that already. I have no payments and a rig that can do whatever I want it to do, AND I have $$ in the bank from selling the last one to keep for emergencies for this one. I am happy as can be.

Moving on, I am going to shop for some good seat covers and cheap speakers while the rear carpet dries out. Stay tuned!!

warwgn

Explorer
Thats what I tell people, how much is your truck payment each month? Then do the math and say this is how much more you pay a month so you can get better gas milage.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Thanks! The more I drive it and clean it up, the more I am stoked I got it. I keep hearing "it will get horrible gas mileage" from naysayers. Of course it will. It's a 454 TBI!! Like I didn't know that already. I have no payments and a rig that can do whatever I want it to do, AND I have $$ in the bank from selling the last one to keep for emergencies for this one. I am happy as can be.

Moving on, I am going to shop for some good seat covers and cheap speakers while the rear carpet dries out. Stay tuned!!

Meh, I get sick of the naysayers too.

Not sure if these seat covers are your thing or not but I really like the Cabela’s TrailGear seatcovers. They are very durable, fit well and easy to clean. When they get dirty just toss them in the wash machine then let them hang dry. I have these on the ’78 K10, Polar Bear, the ’92 4Runner as well as the ’01 Silverado. Did I mention I really like these seat covers :ylsmoke: These are $25 per bucket seat.

Cabela’s Trailgear seatcovers in the Polar Bear Burb. The smoothen out nicely once they get warm. These were still pretty wrinkled up as they were fresh out of the box when I took this pic.
6691842631_a5af4f0965_z.jpg

Cabela’s Trailgear seatcovers in the K10. Older pic before the NV4500 was swapped in. These are actually Suburban buckets and console as well.
5179563761_cd5fe29faa_z.jpg

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Those are excellent....and only $25 per each one?!! Wow....gotta look into those. They look great in both vehices. I looked at your photos of the K10. Really nice work on that one.

Finished up the deconstruction and cleaning today and my tail is flat worn out!! I need some zzzzz's. I removed the padding form the rear. It smelled like a dog had pi$$ed on it one too many times not to mention it made the re-installation of the cleaned carpet much easier. I also changed engine oil, diff oil, and added MMO to the Engine for a light cleaning for the next 3k miles. I'll change it out at that time and use fresh oil with a Mobil 1 filter. Diff oil looked really good and the trans/transfer case have only 20 k on them and look excellent, so no need there. Front diff oil was just done by PO and it looked good, so I left it for now.

That being said, all the grease stains and bad smells are gone!! A few photos to show you....

Attachments

• suburban 010.JPG
    suburban 010.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 5
  • suburban 011.JPG
    suburban 011.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 5
  • suburban 012.JPG
    suburban 012.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 5
  • suburban 006.JPG
    suburban 006.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 5
  • suburban 007.JPG
    suburban 007.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 7
  • suburban 008.JPG
    suburban 008.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 5
  • suburban 009.JPG
    suburban 009.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 5

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Unfortunately, the top photos are the after and the bottom are before. How about that nice cupholder? They all looked like that!

BBslider001

Diesel Head
A few of the cleaned up interior and new mats....kinda boring, but ya know.....

Attachments

• suburban 016.JPG
    suburban 016.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 6
  • suburban 017.JPG
    suburban 017.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 5
  • suburban 018.JPG
    suburban 018.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 5
  • suburban 013.JPG
    suburban 013.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 6
  • suburban 014.JPG
    suburban 014.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 7
  • suburban 015.JPG
    suburban 015.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 6

BBslider001

Diesel Head
The tailgate turned out really well. I would not have sat on it before, but now I'd lay my child up there, protected of course.

BBslider001

Diesel Head
And the heartbeat of the whole beast...

Attachments

• suburban 023.JPG
    suburban 023.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 5
  • suburban 024.JPG
    suburban 024.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 5
  • suburban 020.JPG
    suburban 020.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 5
  • suburban 021.JPG
    suburban 021.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 5
  • suburban 022.JPG
    suburban 022.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 5

BBslider001

Diesel Head
I am not going to reoil it. I'll eventually get rid of it for a dry filter. I have never been a K&N fan. It's just something the PO put on there. They filter better when they are dirty anyways.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998