1994 Full Size Blazer project

gas4blood

Observer
Wow! Very nice looking blazer. Hard to believe there are near 25yr old trucks out there that clean. Love the subtle additions as well.

Thank you! I was amazed at its condition as well. The kid I bought it from contacted me not too long ago asking to buy it back. Guess he realized what he had given up. Haha.

gas4blood

Observer
Cool truck you are driving Mr Blood. I drive something similar, though a bit modified. 94 Yukon with a 6.5 turbo diesel and a Dana 60 up front on 37s.

ysRxp4x.jpg

Cheers, Chilli...:cool:

Oh man!!!! That is one sweet rig. Looks great and a diesel to boot!

gas4blood

Observer
It’s been a while since I have done anything on this rig. I have decided to keep the IFS and keep this one fairly mild. I found a 6 lug 14 bolt rear axle today for the build. I also have a lead on a spare front differential. The plan is to regear them both and run a rear locker.

71F64048-E9B6-447B-8531-EA9059D059DD.jpeg

Last edited:

buffy

You've made the right decision. The 14BSF is a great axle. Order up a Truetrac for the rear, not a locker, and you're good. You can order beefy half shafts up front, or learn how to swap OEMs in a pinch with spares. Also pony up for alloy axles out back. You need them in the rear. The factory 14BSF axle shafts aren't much stronger than a 10-bolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998