1996 4runner expo build

ghostmoney

Adventurer
The end links you used, are they the front or the rear off a 2g 4runner? I need to get the same for mine and for some reason i thought you used to front ones in the rear. Don't really need discountects or anything fancy so was planning on buying the 2g ones.

They are for the rear moog K80380

ghostmoney

Adventurer
My initial impressions so far with the Icon stage 5 suspension is that it is totally worth the price. In town driving seems to be slightly firmer over smaller bumps in the road, but nothing bad. The suspension handles amazing over large bumps in the road, set of rail road tracks that previously I had to slow way down for I am now able to hit at 50mph and it just soaks it up. You know it is a huge improvement also, when the wife comments on it and states it was definitely worth the price. :Wow1: Hopefully will be finished up with the fx-r retrofit in time this weekend to go test the suspension out in the mountains.

Last edited:

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Was able to get a lot done this weekend with the hid retrofit. This is my first time ever attempting this so it is taking me a bit longer. I was able to get the housings cut out to fit the Fx-r 3.0 projectors and get them aimed correctly on the 4runner. They are currently drying from several coats of flat black paint and will be getting installed tonight after work.
Housing cut out and after sanding

Alignment at 25' inside my shop. This is only with the passenger headlight, so much brighter than both factory headlights on.

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Headlights are aligned and just waiting on jb weld to set. All that is left is to epoxy the shrouds on and reinstall the glass and ill be finished. Was not as difficult to do as I had always imagined and thinking I might do another set for a friend and for my truck.
projectors mounted with jb steel stick and then 4 bolts and left to harden before being taken out to ad jb weld around projector and bolts to really make sure it cant move from bouncing driving down dirt roads.

Cut off line as some purple and blue hues in it

MaineFarmer

Observer
Nice looking 4Runner! I really like the HID retrofit. Should help at night a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghostmoney

Adventurer
All finished with the retrofit and I can definitely say it was worth every penny. Night and day difference between the old headlights and the new ones. I will have to get used to the blueish tint at the cutoff line as it is really noticeable on road signs and trees.

Stock output:

Fx-r output:

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Next on the list is timing belt, water pump, tranny flush, and install tranny cooler with temp sensor. Waiting to see if I won a bid on a wrecked 4runner with low miles to decide if I will end up doing a motor and 5spd swap instead though.

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Hooked up the M101 trailer and took it for a drive to decide how I like the 4runner for towing it. Seemed to tow pretty well empty, but I will definitely be upgrading to a supercharger in the next few months. I am debating whether to build a 6x10 enclosed trailer and leaving the M101 as utility trailer. I am leaning towards the enclosed as I am not sure how I would like a RTT in the rain and snow. I was surprised though with how the OME coils handled the weight, before with the trailer the rear sagged to the bump stops and with the 891 coilsI dropped about half inch with an additonal 200lbs in the rear cargo area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78