1st Generation Toyota 4Runner's.....

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Good Stuff!

A 1st Gen. Update would be good!....:sombrero::elkgrin::costumed-smiley-007:ylsmoke:

33639_1548112876324_1640148969_1275529_5574692_n.jpg

Stupid 4runner........

Funny pic. How many people does it take to work on a 4runner.....:sombrero:

Just the two touching the truck.

Only replaced the alternator in this pic due to its dumb location, and about 10 water crossings. But of course it wasn't a Toyota part and didnt fit... so after filing it down we finally got it stabbed in there.

The other folks were on the overland trip with us, and waiting for me, so we could get back on the road.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Yeah I'm stpuid.... HAHAHHAHAHA I looked back a page and saw that it WAS P/U and mentaly thought DOH!!! Now suddenly the window seems so clear and obvious.

There's a sweet Tracker AND a Wolverine (the had what looked more like a "turtle shell" on the back of them) rihgt in my area, I drool every time I see them out and about and the obligitory thumbs up are exchanged. It's funny, I've always seen Bikers giving eachother that "hey brother" wave thingy but now I'm starting to see alot more of us Toyota and even some Jeepers (mostly just folks with nice rigs) doing it too... Makes sence to me, gotta give someone soem good vibes for a job well done eh ;)

ANyway back ON TOPIC...

Well, I haven't really gotten to go out and enjoy my 4Runner lately, between the horrid weather and the healing period I'm experiencing... Fingers crossed, I think I'm going to be letting out ALOT of pent up "wanderlust" in 2011 :D

Nice rigs guys, keep'm coming.

Cheers

DAve

Soobarubin

Observer
Figured this thread needed a bump!
This is my '87 Runner before the snow hit during hunting season in North Idaho! Got 31's and mounted my rack on top, it will be permanently mounted to the top soon. Doing the Zuk mod withing a couple of weeks, and when funds permit, rear Aussie locker, bumpers and sliders! :ylsmoke:

downsized_1112001047.jpg

-Jaren

84scrambler

Observer
just pick one up today 22re 5 spd. ac, red, dents, needs a clutch and a tune up, oh and a solid axle up front, will post some pics soon, and get this thing out doors and do some camping :sombrero:

JOnesbilt24

Heres Mine

I have wanted one of these since I was a kid. So back in the day i saw it in a local news paper in twenty nine Palms. It was a 79 Hilux that was used as part of a fence in a Yucca Yalley Ca. I traded a Honda XR 75 and $200 for it back in 1998. This bought me a truck with a bent front axle a blown engine and a tranny with no reverse, bent front springs smashed front glass no operable light bulbs no smog ( a big deal in Ca.) . I bought a new engine, rebuilt the trans put new downey springs Marlin Crawler Transfer Case, 488 r&p lock rights f&r winch on board air from the ac compressor got it weighed inspected and tagged and shes been a runner ever since. ive driver her across the states twice and wheeled every place you can get to in a one day drive from oceanside. My only want would be fuel injection, better suspension and a five speed all in good time. Its currently in storage aboard Camp Pendleton where she will sit for the next 18 Months, have no doubt tat with a fresh battery she will lite right up and be ready for the next trip.

Attachments

• Hog with IED damage 156.JPG
    Hog with IED damage 156.JPG
    550.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Hog with IED damage 162.JPG
    Hog with IED damage 162.JPG
    483.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 053009Truck Event Menifee CA 007.JPG
    053009Truck Event Menifee CA 007.JPG
    876.3 KB · Views: 54

Soobarubin

Observer
Wow we are twins! LOL

IMG_1266.jpg

I will be starting a build thread on my rig soon. Love the 1st gen's!!

Dude I JUST commented on your build thread sayin they are twins! :wings:
Mine actually did have the same black rims on it when I bought it, plannin on painting my current ones black!
They are awesome rigs man, hopefully mine does everything I want it to someday! :costumed-smiley-007

-Jaren

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger