2 Door with a RTT??

siebermd

Adventurer
Has anyone seen a 2 Door JK with a Roof Top Tent on board?? I have looked and looked and I haven't seen a single picture. There are lots of 4 Door photos. I plan to get one in the coming year. Could it be possible that I am the only 2 Door driver considering a RTT? Couldn't be...?

FastGlass

Adventurer
Here's a few from a Google search if you're looking to see the idea:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

If you want to talk about the reality, I think most people who intend to camp out of or do long term overlanding that might neccesitate the option, opt for the 4 door for the added cargo area. I'd have preferred a two door..and had one a few years ago, but have the 4 door now for that reason. Gobi and Forerunner are two rack manufacturers that make solid mounting platforms for what you're intending on a two door. Air home or Baroud would be my choices for a light(ish) aerodynamic RTT. Good luck and post pics when you do it.

Jurfie

Adventurer
If you want to talk about the reality, I think most people who intend to camp out of or do long term overlanding that might neccesitate the option, opt for the 4 door for the added cargo area.

^^bah! ;)

Here's one on a JK (not mine):
image.jpg

rubicon91

Explorer
There was actually a adventure on here not too long ago in a 2 door down to Mexico and beyond with an rtt. I want to say it was you me and the dogs. I was watching and following at work. Pretty sure if you go back in the in progress adventures you can find it. They were on the road for a little while. I think if I remember correctly they had to come home due to one of the dogs getting sick. If I can find the thread I will post it here. Was awesome to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FastGlass

Adventurer
Did you get your RTT for Christmas??

No...I was misinformed. Which is actually good as the new, updated models for Baroud aren't out till spring I believe. I did get some JW Speaker evo 2's (still waiting for deliv), an ARB awning, 2 sets of 6 ton floor jacks, a wicked nice Hein-Werner service jack, 50-250' lb Snap On torque wrench and a set of 4 dr. Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers....so definitely was a great Christmas here. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears