200 Series Land Cruiser in Expedition.

sleeoffroad

Adventurer
I am not sure if our client is on the site, but I am sure he won't mind if I post the link to his travel site. Probably the first 200 Series expedition. Hope all goes well for him and all systems installed work as planned. This is a pretty extensive shake-down test for more to come with the vehicle.

http://www.taxidialogue.com/
nwconeut.f0czvjc2lgbx0c040w0kgwg8k.ae6egtt2xvwogsg0848ksccok.th.jpeg

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Very nice! So it's safe to assume we'll see a whole line of after market parts for the 200 series on your site pretty soon here huh?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Awesome, can't wait to see more 200 series on the trails. Where is that rear bumper from? Did you guys build it?

sleeoffroad

Adventurer
The rear bumper was a prototype we did to see what is involved with doing it on the 200. We do have sliders in stock for them as well. I will do a write-up on the truck as soon as I have time.

Here are some more poser pics

200_bumper_1.jpg

200_bumper_2.jpg

200_bumper_3.jpg

200_bumper_4.jpg

200_bumper_5.jpg

200_slider_1.jpg

200_slider_3.jpg

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Damn that rear bumper is mad max style! Wow.

I really like how you did the alloy step on the slider.. wish my 80 series slider steps looked like that. Very clean looking.

sleeoffroad

Adventurer
We are changing all the step sliders to a bolt on top plate. That one was actually Stainless, which will be an upgrade. Regular it will be normal black semi gloss coating on the slider, with the textured coating on the top plate.

LC/LR4Life

Adventurer
Looks good except the chop to the quarter panels. However this is basically a prototype set up anyway. I like the bumper... don't like the way the handles are integrated though. The Kaymar handles are better integrated (opposed and both horizontal)... dunno if that is possible with the design here though. Overall it looks very nice !

Sloan

Explorer
sleeoffroad said:
We are changing all the step sliders to a bolt on top plate. That one was actually Stainless, which will be an upgrade. Regular it will be normal black semi gloss coating on the slider, with the textured coating on the top plate.

Are you changing the FJ60 sliders also? My main issue is that I need a slider that also doubles as a step for my daughter.

sleeoffroad

Adventurer
LC/LR4Life said:
Looks good except the chop to the quarter panels. However this is basically a prototype set up anyway. I like the bumper... don't like the way the handles are integrated though. The Kaymar handles are better integrated (opposed and both horizontal)... dunno if that is possible with the design here though. Overall it looks very nice !

Kaymar on a 200 series? I do not think I have seen one. As for the quarter panels, I think it looks really good considering what the options are for low volume bumpers. If one could mould a new plastic piece, that would be awsome, but not viable for the numbers we are working on.

The 200 has an insanely large areas on the rear bumper corners. We moved the tire carriers up so that we have less of a flat area from the step part of the bumper to where the quarter panel ends. This is what you have to work with before doing the bumper.

200_bumper_6.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears