2000, 100 series build

fireball

Explorer
Does the one handle release both sides or is there something else I'm not seeing holding each arm in place? Love how it angles back and follows the rear body line. Great work!

rickashay

Explorer
Great, now I want a 100-Series. fml.

Talk about a fast paced build.... the whole combination came out excellent. That rear bumper hints of my 4x4 Labs rear. Well well done!

Benc

Explorer
Does the one handle release both sides or is there something else I'm not seeing holding each arm in place? Love how it angles back and follows the rear body line. Great work!

Thanks guys, yes the handle releases both sides and the struts hold the arms open. It very easy to open without having to deal with 2 latches and those annoying little pop pins that never seam to work wright. I'm not sure why some dual swing outs use 2 latches, as it is not necessary and actually more prone to rattles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Benc

Explorer
Great, now I want a 100-Series. fml.

Talk about a fast paced build.... the whole combination came out excellent. That rear bumper hints of my 4x4 Labs rear. Well well done!

Thanks, yes I bought all the swing out hinges and latch from Luke at 4x4 labs. And the design is very similar to his, I just did a few extra angles and details to make it different.

Benc

Explorer
Ordered up some Doug. Thorley headers yesterday to get rid of the annoying cracked manifold and add a little more power. Not looking forward to the install though. Also may pick up a couple diehard platinum group 31 batteries today. They are on sale at Sears for $217 instead of $289

r3run33

Adventurer
great bumper! the things that bugs me about slee is that the tire is on the passenger side which I believe would block view more then on driver side. did you build this fro scratch or get something and mod it???

Benc

Explorer
Yep, that is why I always put them on the drivers side. And yes all from scratch,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Ordered up some Doug. Thorley headers yesterday to get rid of the annoying cracked manifold and add a little more power. Not looking forward to the install though. Also may pick up a couple diehard platinum group 31 batteries today. They are on sale at Sears for $217 instead of $289

Let me know how the headers go? Im contemplating doing them too. I was looking I to a full EMS exhaust until I read their not so rave reviews. ..

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I HAVE heard great things about radflo shocks and have a set of those on the way.... I also heard from a little birdie that Metal Tech is going to have a sale on their upper and lower control arms next month; fr those contemplating upgrading those. :)

Benc

Explorer
Got started on the dual battery set up today. I picked up 2 diehard marine group 31 batteries at sears on sale for $217 each. It's pretty tricky to fit them but I think I can make it happen. I had to relocate the power steering res and the air compressor will have to go somewhere els but it will fit.
e2uqury4.jpg
umugyryh.jpg
ne5eqapu.jpg
7umunemy.jpg
ymetyrej.jpg

Benc

Explorer
These came today. Also ordered the national luna dual batterie kit
bu6e8a4u.jpg

Benc

Explorer
Some more goodies came today! Now I just need to find time to install everything.
ery4e3at.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle