2000, 100 series build

Creature

Observer
Looks great!

Just replaced my 80 with a 100, and wow the power difference! Can't wait to start "building" mine!

You rig is great inspiration to get moving on mine, very well done.

Benc

Explorer
Looks great!

Just replaced my 80 with a 100, and wow the power difference! Can't wait to start "building" mine!

You rig is great inspiration to get moving on mine, very well done.

Thanks, yes the power is nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benc

Explorer
Headers are on! It wasn't as bad as everyone makes it sound. It took me about 4 1/2 hours to do both sides. The only thing that sucks is you can not get a torque wrench in there at all to torque to spec so I had to do it by feel. The exhaust leak is gone and there is definitely a noticeable power difference. This could be a lot more difficult if your exhaust bolts are rusty. I did give mine a few good coats of pb blasted prior to installation. Doug thorley says you can reuse all your stock exhaust donuts but I would not recommend it as they are a compression gasket and are not made to be reused.
beruvu7y.jpg
9etyzyze.jpg

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Headers are on! It wasn't as bad as everyone makes it sound. It took me about 4 1/2 hours to do both sides. The only thing that sucks is you can not get a torque wrench in there at all to torque to spec so I had to do it by feel. The exhaust leak is gone and there is definitely a noticeable power difference. This could be a lot more difficult if your exhaust bolts are rusty. I did give mine a few good coats of pb blasted prior to installation. Doug thorley says you can reuse all your stock exhaust donuts but I would not recommend it as they are a compression gasket and are not made to be reused.
beruvu7y.jpg
9etyzyze.jpg

WOW that was FAST!! Did you have to lift the engine out? I hear lots of horror stories about that.

Benc

Explorer
WOW that was FAST!! Did you have to lift the engine out? I hear lots of horror stories about that.

Yes I did, it really wasn't bad though. It prob took about 15 min to take out the 2 trany mount bolts and the motor mount bolts and jack from the bell housing. I did not have to remove the steering shaft.

rickashay

Explorer
How are you finding the torsion-bar IFS compared to your coil IFS Tacoma? Any noticeable difference in ride quality between the two systems? Notice any major difference in front wheel travel between the two platforms? I know the 1st Gen Tacoma IFS isnt anything spectacular but is the torsion bar stuff even worse in terms of travel?

Very interested to see your thoughts as you run more trails with the 100.

Benc

Explorer
That was one of me concerns also. So far I think it rides better and has more travel than the tacoma. I'm not to happy with the ome front shocks. I think they are a little to short with the 2 1/2" lift and after market upper control arms.

Benc

Explorer
Got the dual batteries hooked up today! It was tricky getting 2 group 31s and the compressor to fit but it did.
ahety5em.jpg
aqeqyvy3.jpg
6ajy4yzu.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78