2000 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel - Wheel recommendation

370HSSV

My I think some wheels on 4th gen ram, I am not sure which year. Look like these. There is a cap that is removable, but not enough to clear the full float axles on the back with how narrow the center are. Grabbed these pictures from internet. You'd need spacers to make it work, personally not a fan of wheel spacers.

ba18d3be38d54d29a4d7267612e7027e.jpg

Inline6

Adventurer
h2 wheels are always a good option. probably harder to find now, vs back in the day. AEV wheels as well.

But as others suggested, the 3rd get 17s are a good option as well.

Gummee

wannabe traveler
h2 wheels are always a good option. probably harder to find now, vs back in the day. AEV wheels as well.

But as others suggested, the 3rd get 17s are a good option as well.
My 2004 has AEV wheels on now. Went from 20s that the PO put on that rode like poo to 17"s wearing 35s. Mo bettah

The thing about 16" wheels is that they may not clear the brakes. You'll have to try it somehow before you buy a full set.

If the OP is near DC I have a set of 17" wheels from an 06 Laramie I need to sell. Picked them up right before I found a deal on the AEVs

Now to figure out how to mount a 35" tire as a spare...

M

If you’re going to make a multi continent world tourer out of it, stick with 16s if they’ll fit. 7.50-16 (bias or radial) is still a super common size in Latin America, Africa and many parts of Asia. And 9.00-16/R16 is a fantastic offroad size for 3/4 tons if it can handle the gearing change.
Totally disregard this if your expeditions involve lots of Interstates at 80-85mph.

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
I decided to follow the majority of the advice given on here and go with 17's. I just picked up two American Racing AR172 17" x 8" wheels off cragislist, got both for less than the price of one new. Just gotta buy two more now! These were originally my first choice before I started looking at 16" wheels and other options.

Luckychase5

Adventurer
I like my KMC wheels a lot. Great weight rating and nice looking at a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior