2000 Ext Cab Silverado Z71 - New to me expedition vehicle

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I find it hard to believe that you gave the truck the torsion key mod & a 1.5" body lift, it looks so much higher

I know its illegal to run fog lights when you have your high beams on, so be careful, even though I think I would try it too :)

Jimmeh

Think'n with me dipstick!
Another very useful modification is to have the low-beams and fog lights stay on when you activate your high beams. We've had the high-beam relay kit from Painless wiring http://www.painlesswiring.com/webcatalog/largeview.php?SearchField=30821 installed for years and it works great.

HOWEVER, has anyone figured out an EASY solution to keep the fog lights from turning off when you activate the high-beams? It makes no sense to have the fog lights turn off when you activate your high-beams.

Not sure how it works on 99-02, but for my truck I used diodes to accomplish the all on high mod. I don't have fog lamps, but the how-to I looked at said it would work with those as well. Again, the how to was for 03-07 trucks and SUV's (specifically the Avalanche, though I am sure it works for the Tahoe's/Yukons as well), so it may be different for the older rigs. I will dig up that thread and post it here.

dy_lon

Observer
Updates:

I installed some 285-70-17 Falken Rocky Mountains ( exact same as the falken wild peak, but named different when purchased from Discount tire) tires and gave my maxxis big horn 315's to my brother. The maxxis tires looked great, but 11mpg for a daily driver was not cutting it. The new tires are much better and I am getting about 14mpg, with no tire howl and not wearing out the drive train as quickly.
IMG_1982.jpgphoto.jpg

Other than that, I have just been pondering my next modification. Drive rtain or suspension??

The truck is in need of a new engine and most likely a transmission. I have a spare LQ4 6.0 that i bought many years ago for a project, but i have been thinking of different transmission choices; Built 4L60E, a 4L80E or NV4500.

I am also considering a mid travel suspension kit that will swap out my torsion bars with a coil-over setup. JD Fabrication has a Mid Travel Upper a arm setup, and also has the other components avaliable to complete the swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior