2000 Ford E350 Micro Bird school bus.

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
I am really digging this idea, I see SAC, off-road lights on the top if the cab over hang, 4in lift, 35's, lots of room, cheap, reliable, parts everywhere, this thing is just a winner! Sorry if I missed is but what is the avarage price of something like this?

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Get a big grinder, chop off the bottom, and throw the doors away!:Wow1: If you have to use a sheet of plywood, so what? Are you going expedition or not?:)

MicroBird

Adventurer
Get a big grinder, chop off the bottom, and throw the doors away!:Wow1: If you have to use a sheet of plywood, so what? Are you going expedition or not?:)

I definitely don't want the door hanging down but I do like the visibility. I've seen people close up their doors and put a tiny, tiny window in it's place. That I don't like. I can have glass made. I've done it before. Both tempered and laminated. It doesn't cost much.

I know someone posted a video already, but that is a G5 (dually). This is my model.

Last edited:

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
SAC

Solid Axle Conversion.

Guess that is assumed when adding 4x4 to a ford.
I live in GMC land where we lust over solid front axle's when we get offroad. lol

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Micro, I dont see any pics of you out there with a grinder...:Wow1: Whats taking you so long?:ylsmoke:

MicroBird

Adventurer
I booked my ticket to go pick up my bus. I hope no one starts a war between now and next week or I will go broke driving home.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
If you decide to go down the Pot Smoking Hippie route, I've got the perfect paint job for your bus :sombrero:

446743973_6Qjof-L-1.jpg

Saw this one in New Mexico and waited around for awhile to see if the owners came back. It was parked at a trail head we had just came hiking back from. Yes that thing on the roof is a little Green House and there were a bunch of plants growing in it!!

446759767_fDLzV-L-1.jpg

I've kept my eye out for an older one like this for some time now

607538483_q8Us3-L.jpg

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
if you got a diesel, its a 7.3. the 7.3 is an International/ Navistar DT444E. 444 cubic inches of reliable powerful power! wait untill you have to do an oil change.. 4 GALLONS of oil! BTW use Rotella oil. Its what i run in my powerstroke and it does real well

MicroBird

Adventurer
OK, I'm back home. I feel like I've been run over by a steam roller. I'm not as young as I used to be and catching something on the airplane didn't help.

I had the dealer do an oil change before I got there. Not sure how much oil it takes but it is written 14 quarts under the hood. The Excursion took 15 quarts. Delo 400 is what I mainly used but I have used Rotella before. I will try putting up some pictures and a video of an encounter with a truck later.

Attachments

• IMG_2205.jpg
    IMG_2205.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2199.jpg
    IMG_2199.jpg
    520 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2203.jpg
    IMG_2203.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2200.jpg
    IMG_2200.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2206.jpg
    IMG_2206.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2204.jpg
    IMG_2204.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2202.jpg
    IMG_2202.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2209.jpg
    IMG_2209.jpg
    557.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2223.jpg
    IMG_2223.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2233.jpg
    IMG_2233.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Glad to see you finally got your bus Micro! I cant wait to see you remove that rusty old door and make for more clearance under the bodywork. Time to fire up the grinder!:Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior