2001 Tundra with OME

jsnow

Adventurer
Ok, I've been neglecting this for a long time, and figure it's time to update. Since the original post I have added a ARB in the back, with the CKMA12 compressor. I rattle canned some 80 Series wheels, and mounted up some 285/75/16 Falken Wild Peaks. After a snow wheeling trip last spring I've been wanting to upgrade a few things. I wanted a little more ground clearance, more aggressive tires, and a bit of a face lift. So in the next few weeks I'll be installing the front RD90 Air Locker, 315/75/16 BFG KM2, ARB LED lighting, Light Racing UCA's, and a Warn 9.5 winch. As it sits now.

image.jpg

rickashay

Explorer
Excited to see your upcoming round of mods! The 315's are great. You going to re-gear? Any worries about grenading CV's with the RD90 in the front?

I've been chatting with a few guys lately who run the ARB in the 7.5" front diff and several have actually told me not to bother due to the frequency of CV breakage. I'm still on the fence!

jsnow

Adventurer
I will re-gear when I can afford it. I hate opening the axles up twice, but new gears are not in the budget at this point. As far as the front goes, if I run into failures I guess there is always RCV, or maybe a solid axle. Love your build by the way, it's made me get off my butt, and get busy!

rickashay

Explorer
I will re-gear when I can afford it. I hate opening the axles up twice, but new gears are not in the budget at this point. As far as the front goes, if I run into failures I guess there is always RCV, or maybe a solid axle. Love your build by the way, it's made me get off my butt, and get busy!

I hear you there, do it all at once and be done with it.

Yah RCV is an option but then your just moving the weak link to the diff, which is more of a concern than popping a CV. I probably will throw the RD90 in mine also but I'm still worried. Might just do the gears and rear locker and start saving for a crazy SAS. haha

Glad I could be of motivation! Your build looks awesome and I'm excited to see more of it.

Cheers

jsnow

Adventurer
Some goodies waiting for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

jsnow

Adventurer
The Tundra has gotten a face lift! The updated ARB Sahara, 9.5 XD Warn, and ARB Intensity LED's. image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle