2005 Nissan Patrol, Very cool truck

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Ok, so I know this is nothing new for you guys, but me being a die hard Toyota fan, I wasnt real familiar with the Nissan Patrol. My wife and I live in Germany right now, and are here with the US Government (Wife is a civilian Civil Engineer) So I have seen many cool Hilux's, Unimog's and whatever else, but I was at a German friends party tonight and spotted this Nissan Patrol. It had about 3 inches of lift and a set of BFG's. At first glance, It looked like just a pretty cool "suv". Then I noticed the straight front axle, and Manual/Auto hubs... I found the owner, and we had a good discussion about Off-roading and what not, He and his wife (both Germans) checked out my Truck (tacoma), and then he showed me his. I was even more stoked when I saw the big turbo diesel sitting under the hood... this thing was awesome. Anyway, just wanted to share it with you guys. Like I said, I knlow its not anything new for you Nissan folk, but I found it very interesting!

He has invited my wife and I to go wheeling with them in France in a few months, and even showed us a video he had from there in March of this year. Looks like a pretty cool place and we are very much looking forward to wheeling with the Nissan's! (His wife has a Hilux, so they know toyotas as well...)

Anyway, I sure wish they would bring something like this to the US...:(

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

~James

Dirty Harry

Adventurer
Nice find! The Patrols are great, every bit as tough as a Land Cruiser and very popular in Australia. I spoke to Bart Schlosser from Nissan USA about bringing in a diesel Patrol to "test the waters" here in the US market and he sounded interested but I never heard back from him. It was worth a try! I wish that they did import them, this is one of the best expedition vehicles ever made.

kennyv

A question:

Has anyone here ever imported anything from Germany? Here in Canada its becoming popular to import Japanese diesels etc. but because there all right hand drive its not as popular an idea as it should be, due to the fact that we(Canadians) don't seem to have a decent diesel expedition vehicle to choose from....I have looked very closely at a Japan import but always backed away due to the RHD and resale etc. Any importers?

Thanks

Ken
CANADA

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
kennyv said:
Has anyone here ever imported anything from Germany? Here in Canada its becoming popular to import Japanese diesels etc. but because there all right hand drive its not as popular an idea as it should be, due to the fact that we(Canadians) don't seem to have a decent diesel expedition vehicle to choose from....I have looked very closely at a Japan import but always backed away due to the RHD and resale etc. Any importers?
I've wondered that, too. It seems all the imported stuff comes from Japan (for example the half cuts that people use for diesel conversions). Why not Europe? They get a lot of diesels and have access to some models we don't get, like the Patrol is a good example. I wonder if there are import or export restrictions from European countries that are easier to work around from Japan?

offroadchef

Adventurer
DaveInDenver said:
I've wondered that, too. It seems all the imported stuff comes from Japan (for example the half cuts that people use for diesel conversions). Why not Europe? They get a lot of diesels and have access to some models we don't get, like the Patrol is a good example. I wonder if there are import or export restrictions from European countries that are easier to work around from Japan?

This is a link to some info for importing your car....

http://foreignborn.com/visas_imm/entering_us/7importingyourcar.htm

There are some company's that will do all the paperwork for you, but the cost and the current exchange rate might make it a little expensive.

navara-au

Observer
The Patrols are more popular than the Land Cruisers down here. We dont get any of the short wheel base 2 door versions any more though. Here's a couple of shots I took recently of a cab chassis selling new at the local Nissan dealer. Just wish they had patrols in duel cab pick up......then I would definitely have one.
2007_0112patrol0011.jpg

2007_0112patrol0008.jpg

articulate

Expedition Leader
desert assassin said:
This is my patrol.
:chowtime:
More please. Specs, mods, dreams, and adventures compiled in a nice new thread would make the world a happy place. Please do share. :)

PhulesAU

Explorer
Please!!!! Lord tell me, what country on this planet you have to go to get away from the tree shaped air fresheners. Does the after-market have a snorkle for that engine? I love turbo power, but they are a bit picky sometimes.

desert assassin

articulate said:
:chowtime:
More please. Specs, mods, dreams, and adventures compiled in a nice new thread would make the world a happy place. Please do share. :)

05 nissan patrol GU 4.2 i6 factory turbo intercooled 5 speed manual.

Fox triple bypass 10" front and 14" rear all remote reservior, drop boxes, custom sway bar mounts, custom designed springs for 3" lift, to stay captive with the long travel shocks, adj panhard rods, heavy duty lower rear control arms, currently 35 x 12.5/18 Pro Comp tri ply muds on 18 x 9.5 6001 pro comp rims, larger flares for bigger dia tyres [run up to 39.5 x 16.5/17's for weekend work] has boost upgrade, retimed pump, machined turbo, custom dump pipe and 3" mandrel exhaust, on the dyno yesterday was 120kw and 4700n at the rear wheels on 35's.

Fitted dba slotted rotors and heavy duty pads all round as well.
I have set it with 1.5 deg neg camber in the front, fox steering damper, and toyota 80 series control arm bushes, which flex better than patrol bushes, and have upgraded clutch and pressure plate, fitted rear ARB difflock, and we are currently bolting a Warn powerplant on the front with new custom bar.

Canopy rear is fitted with 60lt engel, 3 batteries, for extended stays, UHF radio in the cab, reverse camera, fold out screen on radio/dvd/tv in cab, with 600w amp and 12" sub behind the passenger seat.

We made the tray, tapered, to cover the bigger wheels, and give me some space, as this is my touring vehicle.

So far extensive trips into the Simpson desert here, Madigan line, hay river twice, Northen Territory, western Queensland, Birdsville, Oodnadatta track, Alice Springs, and about to leave in a week to do Canning Stock route, and Simpson desert again on the way home, and come back across walkers xing, Strezleiki track again on the way home.

HAve spent time around tasmania, west coast, victorian high country, and have a little holiday accomadation permanently in the Otways in Victoria.

Attachments

• 4wdm fox front patrol low.jpg
    4wdm fox front patrol low.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 4wdm seven Madigan Line.JPG
    4wdm seven Madigan Line.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 168
  • gu front shocks.JPG
    gu front shocks.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 4wdm four landing 150kph.jpg
    4wdm four landing 150kph.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 159

Dirty Harry

Adventurer
Nice truck! Only one question though, why the drop hangers instead of a longer coil? Seems like there would be a lot of leverage on that part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior