2005 Nissan Patrol, Very cool truck

desert assassin

no drop hangers, spring seats are all factory, shock mount is made to position shock for 1/3 up travel, 2/3 down travel, mounted on top of the coil hat.

The springs we have have a taller free height, to stay captive with the extra long shock.

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
desert assassin said:
They always look good in red :wings:

This is my patrol.

No kidding! If I recall Bolton's rig is red with the TJM logo's on it. Droooling uncontrollably now!

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
desert assassin said:
They always look good in red :wings:

This is my patrol.

Any detailed pics of the bed assmbly. I will be starting on one in afew months and need ideas. It looks in the pic as thought the side raise up via gas struts and use the canvas as an awning yes?

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
In watching the Outback Challenge 2006 DVD from Australia, I think a good majority of the rigs were Nissan Patrols. Definitely an awesome & versatile vehicle!!

desert assassin

They are no toyota, but the drivetrain is strong.

Standard mods to make them suitable are regearing t/case and diffs, power upgrade, heavy duty control arms, and fixing front and rear end geometry when lifted.

Bodys arent asd strong, and chassis has afew weak points.

As comp vehicles, they are also cheap.

Winky

Adventurer
brass tax.. what would you all estimate the price to be for importing one of these including the vehicle?

edit to add: Wow that was my first post! Didn't realize. Love the forum by the way.

Josh

jmxj

Drove patrols around in the moutians of kosovo and macedoina for a few years, beat the montero's we had before, but were more picky about the quality of fuel, the montero's would drink anything, several times all the patrol's would all be sidelined.

jfarsang

Adventurer
Drove patrols around in the moutians of kosovo and macedoina for a few years, beat the montero's we had before, but were more picky about the quality of fuel, the montero's would drink anything, several times all the patrol's would all be sidelined.

It would depend on the engine in both.

The 4D56T (2.5TD) in the Pajero/Montero is better than the 4M40 (2.8TD) for drinking dirty diesel.

The TD42 in the Nissan Patrol's is literally a tractor engine and trumps any of the Mitsu's for working hard with dirty diesel.

sludge277

This is mine, GQ LS1 5.7ltr V8 4" springs 2" body lift, tough dog big bore shocks, tube comp tray, long range tank and a few other bits.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior