2006 Expedition Expedition. My truck as 'expedition' written all over it

plumber mike

Adventurer
Glück auf in Germany.

Hmpf, I quite enjoyed this thread - I wish more people built up Expeds for offroad.

I did too, and I've never really liked expeditions.......until new suburbans lost so much capability.

My mind drifts to a long travel IRS to match a raptor like front.

DetroitDarin

Scratching a 10 year Itch
Sorry for your loss. On the bright side, as far as I know G wagens are some what cheap over there! quick q, what leveling kit was on the F150 in those photos?

Thank you - I don't know what was on the F150 - we bought it that way in 2006. No GWagens or anything for me - am putting around in my 99 320i for now. We'll see what happens when I return to the US.

Glück auf in Germany.

Hmpf, I quite enjoyed this thread - I wish more people built up Expeds for offroad.

Thank you!! Yeah, I liked the truck, but I grew tired of having almost no aftermarket support. When I get back, Maybe I look at a toyota? I dunno.

I did too, and I've never really liked expeditions.......until new suburbans lost so much capability.

My mind drifts to a long travel IRS to match a raptor like front.

I never liked them either - but I liked my truck :)

justcuz

Explorer
I think the Expedition is a very under rated vehicle for off road use. Most of the newer IFS vehicles from the last 10 years have minimal aftermarket support, but crafty minds can overcome that.

I personally would not pay the "Toyota Tax" on any vehicle. You can buy an Expedition or Tahoe and have a vehicle just as capable as any 100 or 200 Series Land Cruiser for a lot less money. Money that can be used on travel instead of paying for an overpriced vehicle.

Since Land Cruisers went IFS in front I don't believe they are any more capable than any other vehicle with IFS.

For those that talk about Toyota reliability I say phooey, there are lots of Chevys and Fords out there with 200 to 300 thousand miles on them.

Guten Aben meine freund!

bobvans

I know this is an older thread but in case anyone is interested in that bumper, TAG is back as WAM. No website yet but they're on Facebook (WAM Bumpers). I couldn't wait to order one. Amazing service from Natalie. Got these pictures about a week or two after I placed the order. They ordered the parts for it and got busy on it within days of the parts coming...

File_001.jpg

File_001 (2).jpeg

DetroitDarin

Scratching a 10 year Itch
I think the Expedition is a very under rated vehicle for off road use. Most of the newer IFS vehicles from the last 10 years have minimal aftermarket support, but crafty minds can overcome that.

I personally would not pay the "Toyota Tax" on any vehicle. You can buy an Expedition or Tahoe and have a vehicle just as capable as any 100 or 200 Series Land Cruiser for a lot less money. Money that can be used on travel instead of paying for an overpriced vehicle.

Since Land Cruisers went IFS in front I don't believe they are any more capable than any other vehicle with IFS.

For those that talk about Toyota reliability I say phooey, there are lots of Chevys and Fords out there with 200 to 300 thousand miles on them.

Guten Aben meine freund!

One problem I faced, and the follow-on owner faced: Consistently replacing rear wheel bearings. I went through 4 since the bigger tires; He went through 4 or 5 in two years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears