2007 Fuso Expedition Vehicle - Hackney Fuso

Hafwit

Adventurer
That, sir, is a magnificent piece of work--well thought out components and design. I can't imagine how you came up with your price as that seems an unbelievable bargain. If I wasn't as rooted, that would most certainly be the ticket. Good luck on the sale.

Cheers,
Greg

Riptide

Explorer
For a minute there, I thought it said $59,000... after a $275,000 stack of receipts. And only 32,000 miles.

Apparently I need to get my eyes checked.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
You saw right and unless something went whacky, the truck is sold.
Doug will hop on and confirm I'm sure.

dhackney

Expedition Leader
the Hackneys' truck is one of the ExPo icons.

That, sir, is a magnificent piece of work--well thought out components and design.

What a bargain! And a history...

Gentlemen, thank you very much for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated.

You saw right and unless something went whacky, the truck is sold.

Yes, the truck did sell. We are finishing the final details with the buyer now.

I apologize for the delay in this transaction. We had something happen that held things up for a week, but once past that were able to move quickly, efficiently and professionally.

I sincerely thank everyone who was genuinely interested and truly wanted to purchase our Fuso. I wish that I had Hackney Fuso clones so that I could accommodate everyone.

And, no, that does not mean I will be producing any more of these Hackney Fusos! :)

Please see Alan at Sportsmobile West, Lance at EarthCruiser or use our open-source build as a template if you'd like to experience a Fuso based expedition vehicle.

Note that Alan and Sportsmobile West are now the North American distributor for Australia's All Terrain Warriors (ATW), the original Fuso Expedition Camper company. ATW pioneered and developed just about everything you see in successful Fuso / medium-duty-class expedition campers. Paul, John and the team at ATW have been doing this for decades and sorted out the best approaches long ago. (I sure wish I'd known about them when I designed and built our Fuso!) Alan and Sportsmobile West will be importing ATW suspension, driveline and camper products, so you'll now be able to buy or build a Fuso expedition camper with decades-proven ATW design and components.

Yep looks like a close friend bought it....I may be able to borrow it for a weekend...

Christian, that is great news! I was not aware of that connection but am overjoyed at that prospect. You'll enjoy the network(s), and if you poke around, you may find the secret secret hiding places... :)

serialNSXer

...FOR SALE...

$60K

A SECOND CHANCE to buy the Hackney RV.

http://www.4x4camper4sale.com/

Its up for sale today, due to work.

The short story is this: my wife and I bought this vehicle last year, waiting for the FDA to approve next steps on a Rx drug development project. At that time, life was in a lull. We bought the vehicle, sight unseen, newbies to this whole overland experience.

Fast forward 7+ months.

Since then, I am knee deep in a startup in Silicon Valley. Life has all but evaporated. Work approaches 70+ hours a week. Al there is … goes into this startup venture. Last September, who would've thought I would be this busy all week, every week. That weekends would be about collapsing half-day each Sunday. Unless, of course, we work through Sunday.

Upon our return last month, picking the vehicle up from Austin, the RV was parked at the local RV facility in NorCal. Now, I cannot see using it even for short trips, and long trips are out of the question. My wife and I vacillated to sell it. It offers so much value, at such a low price. I'll never be able to reproduce it at this price, once sold. But, I cannot see getting away from work in 2013, (even have to sell my BM tix I scored in the lottery).

When we bought, Doug and I chatted over the phone. I wired funds. Received a FedEx from him in return. Thats how I conduct my business, and expect to manage this sale (plenty of folks know us on ExPo). First wire to post, buys it. Doug put together a really nice DVD that explains all about the operation of the RV.

When we picked it up, OMG, it was clean clean clean(!) Same today. Before we left Austin, Doug and I were eyeballin' the tires. Plenty of tread, but dry from age. He looked at me, I at him. Both stated they looked a wee bit tired and probably need to be replaced. 90min out of Austin the front driver's lets go. So we spent the night there and I overnighted 6 new tires. That night we had the best German food, plus listened to amazing live music. A little side adventure, on the road. Jeez, you never have such experiences, here in the tech bubble of Palo Alto.

Quickest way to reach me is: anil DOT sethi DOT usa AT gmail DOT com

fuso.jpg

crazy.jpg

fusoCab.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Anil is a fantastic guy and too bad he favors working 100 hours a week than spending time traveling with his friends...

:)

just kidding...

whoever gets this truck is very lucky!

serialNSXer

Thanks to all who sent me a PM, or emailed me directly. I'm sure Doug wished he had more units to sell, and now, so do I. Unless something unexpected happens with the new owner's wire not closing overnight, the Fuso is sold.

I'm keeping a number of folks on the "interested" list, and will contact you in order of receiving your PM or email.

Once it's all buttoned up, I'll share with the community the new owner's name.

Thanks folks, back to work ... on giving consumers a Gliimpse into their personal health histories.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Recently, after a lot of research and advice I purchased a 2007 FE145C cab/chassis that I plan to build into an expedition vehicle. Throughout the process the 'Hackney Fuso' was a great source of inspiration and information, and the plan was to do something in the same spirit. Although comparing my skills to Doug's, I also realized that there was no way I could replicate the care and attention to detail that went into Anil's Hackney Fuso.

When Anil put his Fuso up for sale, my only thought was - why build a replica when you can have the original? It was just too good an opportunity to pass up - so I didn't.

As a result a Land Rover guy (NAS110 and P38 both in expedition trim) now has both a 2007 FE145C and a 2007 FG140.

Flying out to SFO tomorrow to meet Anil and pick up the FG. According to him there is a rear suspension issue that needs to be addressed (hopefully not another crack to the frame) so I may be asking for some help figuring that out!

Thanks for the good wishes - and if you were trying to get the truck as well please don't hate on me too much. I think I responded to Anil within minutes of seeing the post and wired money as soon as I could on Monday morning.

Jon

Attachments

• discoweb.jpg
    discoweb.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 200

OVRLND

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0017
Congratulations!

I also tried to buy the Hackney RV (again) ... timing is everything.
Nah, I'm not a hatin', much ... :)

Best of luck with the new rig!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998