Its a 2007 tahoe:
80,XXX miles
4x4
Read Lift leveling kit
KM2 mud tires
XD enduro wheels
Cobra cb radio
Radio shack antenna
Whelen rear warning lights wired through the headliner ( I am a volunteer first responder, i get asked a lot, they are amber)
Assorted first responder gear in the back
Painted front emblem

If yall know of good south texas ares to check out, let me know
Suggestions for future upgrades are appreciated, web sites and brands help alot
-Danny

DSC_0572.jpg

DSC_0574.jpg

DSC_0575.jpg

DSC_0576.jpg

DSC_0581.jpg

DSC_0582.jpg

DSC_0583.jpg

1009001913.jpg

Last edited:

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
I really like these Tahoes! I got to ride around in one and they are COMFY, loved it

How is the suspension and axles on these? One thing I noticed driving behind them is there are some cables or wires mounted very low and hanging off the rear axle housing-- maybe that junk can be remounted in a more offroad friendly place.

more pics of the interior and underside!

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Welcome aboard. Nice color and I love the black wheels. One suggestion - remove the running boards and it will improve your clearance a bit on the sides.

Nice ride. :ylsmoke:

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
well, i dont have any pics of the interior, but here is an identical picture, my cb is not mounted yet, it sits in the center console for now. I also have rubber floor mats inside
Tahoe-interior-5-thumb.JPG

Tahoe-interior-2-thumb.JPG

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
Welcome aboard. Nice color and I love the black wheels. One suggestion - remove the running boards and it will improve your clearance a bit on the sides.

Nice ride. :ylsmoke:

thanks, i do want to remove them, however i would like rock sliders to take their place. I have yet to find a reputable fabrication shop near by. From what i have found, i will have to drive a few hours to Houston for them. Until those happen i would like to keep them on for what protection they offer now.

poriggity

Explorer
Beautiful Tahoe, and thank you for your service as a volunteer first responder!
Can't wait to see what else you do with it!
Scott

chasespeed

Explorer
There certainly should be a reputable shop in San An area... certainly Austin..... There should also be some still going in Corpus...

Check Pirate, and scan through their Texas forum...

BTW, nice rig... simple and clean... I like..

Chase

Hi,
nice looking rig you got...

I was wondering what a volunteer first responder exactly does? I'm a volunteer firefighter here in germany, is this something similar?

Greetings from germany

Julian

Last edited:

GTABurnout

Explorer
Whelen rear warning lights wired through the headliner ( I am a volunteer first responder, i get asked a lot, they are amber)

I will be honest I think I will be installing some thing like this for my own safty on the road. Flashers do not get the job done if your on the side of a busy freeway. Nice truck...

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
The volunteer group i work with is more for disaster situations where there are not enough fire or police to take care of the emergency. This happens more often than many think, ex: large brush fire, major pileups on roads, and or mostly natural disasters. Down here its mostly floods, but tornadoes are another main reason for the group. Depending on where you live, having warning lights in the back of a truck just makes sense. Now im not talking about a lightbar on top of your truck, you kind of asking for it then. but hidden amber (orange/yellow) in the back is just added safety in my mind. (mine is a whelen slimlighter, its small and is very bright, you really dont need much more unless you are trying to block traffic)

Thanks for all of the responses! This seems like a very educated forum
-Danny

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
The cables I see must be those two cables wrapped in churros. They look like the parking brake cables?

Interesting setup of the rear axle w/ the coils and swaybar set inward of the shocks.

The lower shock mounts, churro covered cables and swaybar look to be the vulnerable items.
It doesn't look easy to route the cables over the top of the axle housing. A bit of ramping armor on the lower shock mounts shuld protect them fine.

overall they kept everything tucked up and level w the frame

You look like you've been scraping that spare :) maybe a rear tire carrier?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan