2007 Tahoe Build - It Continues!

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
Still waiting on a couple big shipments to make there way here but a small update:
Swapped the walmart cb for the cobra 75, much more clear and im thinking that noaa weather will help out on the road trips
-Having no cb box and wires around is much nicer
C1622171-orig.jpg

BurbanAZ

Explorer
great looking rig. I actually like the idea of the warning lights too. I always stop and help at accidents, help recover people, etc.. since im a city firefighter/ emt for the city. Those hooks for the hitch are handy also i love mine but it wasnt drilled exactly straight so i have to put it in with a sledge hammer and take it out with a crow bar lol. Im looking to build some rock sliders also since i have such a long wheel base, those cutout ones in the pictures are awesome.

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
I ordered a roof rack but it is on back order till Feb so i cancelled it and put in a sub.
JL w3 and adjustment knob

F904778D-orig.jpg

C69229E1-orig.jpg

3437A64F-orig.jpg

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
Update time
Rock sliders are on and bedlined
new brakes all around, flushed and rebuilt
new rotors up front
new passenger entire hub replaced
pics of dual batteries included

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
the tahoe is sold!
** rock sliders from the tahoe are for sale -p.m. me
picked up this sierra for a replacemnt. 07 with 50k loaded.
switched over lights, dual battery, sub, lights front and rear

918DBC53-orig.jpg

BE98EC95-orig.jpg

17527B2F-orig.jpg

hammerg26

SE Expedition Society
Thread resurrection time.... sorry.

I have a 2008 Z71 Burb... worth it to do some of these builds, esp. the tune. It has about 70K on it.
My biggest concern is it is from Chicago, so there is some minor rust on it... but then again, I have never heard of "minor rust"...
Thoughts?

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
The sierra has had some changes to it, I'll make a thread for it soon. I had 35's on it, but its back to the factory 31's for now. In late summer im planning for a rancho 4" lift and 34's. It has 17" xd addicts now as well. Only other add-on is a set of rigid industries dually amber lights set in the factory bumper.

-Hammerg26, I guess im confused on your question. I put my tune on the tahoe a about 70k miles no issue. However it was a "mild" race tune so it did not put a ton of stress on the tranny if I decided to drive it nicely haha.
As far as the rust is concered, you can always sand surface rust and paint it, just depends how severe it is.

(tornado clean up, dont have many pics with the 35's)
151919FD_zpsc5000aec.jpg

18189871.jpg

E75AE60D.jpg

Mooneywa

I wouldn't worry too much about the rust. Wire brush the areas and use some POR-15 on it. You'll probably want new tie rods, ball joints and shocks/struts anyways but that'll also clear up most of the rust issues on components. Get a tune from BlackBear and you'll wonder how to drove it so long without one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior