2007 Tahoe Build - It Continues!

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
ok guys, looking to continue the build. Cant really decide whats next on the list? Since everyone loves pics, here is some from a little trip to Medina (west of san antonio) lake exploring

DSC_0224-1.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0222-2.jpg

Last edited:

blaz

Adventurer
Man that looks so PRETTY! Are those running boards/side steps or are they sliders? If they are not sliders that would be my next mod. Help keep the shiney shiney. LOL!

nick325i

Adventurer
Are those Hella Black Magic 500FF lights?

I have been thinking about putting some on my truck.

How do you like them? Looks? Put out good light?

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice pics you posted Bmx! I like the look of that Chevy powering its way through the terrain.:truck:

tombodad

Adventurer
Looks great! Been thinking of one of these for the wife's next ride.
As far as what's next, I would start looking into rear storage. If you are carting gear around in the back 24/7, much better for the truck, the gear, and your safety to have it contained in some drawers. Makes it more practical to throw other stuff in as well. Communications? recovery?

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
as far as the skid plates, i do not remember how much they were but they are the stock z71's that a bought from the chevy dealer. I went into their parts dept and they knew what i was talking about, i do not have the numbers.

Rear storage has been on my mind for a while, been contemplating what i could build to fit nicely in there.

dy_lon

Observer
I like this build, but I am also a fan of Tahoes. For visual upgrades, what about some factory style fender flares? Are your tires throwing dirt, rock debris onto the side of the vehicle? Maybe some Tow mirrors to match the look.

For offroading/overlanding capability, possibly fuel water storage? Rear spare tire carrier setup? CB, GPS etc?

-Dylan

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
For rear storage I was thinking about a simple two drawer system. Making the floor be the top of the drawers.

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
well its been a while, but im getting back to this build. I am planning either a blackbear tune or a nelson tune for the tahoe in the next week or two.
Ive got a trip to CO again in the summer and plan on having this thing all set for the trip. I am also planning on a front end replacment, probably an ironbull, as well as some sliders that if things go to plan will be built by South Texas Outfitters.
I have not had a chance to build the storage in the rear but that is still on the list.
I have since added a magnaflow muffler which was dumped before the rear axle to eliminate snags on the exhaust
(i have trimmed the lower valence since this picture)
4e0ecf1f-orig.jpg

Nice Rides

I just stumbled upon this forum the other day while researching the nfab light bar as google posted bmxdannyo's up on the images portion. GREAT FORUM!!!. It's nice to finally find a place where people are actually lifting and utilizing these SUV's for their inteneded purposes rather than lowering them.

Check mine out

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3851823/2007-chevrolet-suburban-1500

I have not touched the cardomain site in about a year, but have since blacked out the tail lights, added a superchips system, welded in an electronic shotgun rack, put a yakima rack with fatcat's on their for snowboarding and I just received the PIAA 520 ion lights to go on the n fab light bar today. Only problem is I am awaiting the N-fab light bar right now as is it is going to take 10 days to build and receive.

My next move is the have west coast differentials install 4:56 gears and a hytech diff cover to help pull my bass boat here in the mountains, Pro-Comp skid plate and some headers. I will post once everything is finished..

I am also looking for a snorkel, but have yet to find one. If you guys know or hear of one for our vehicles please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
Had the tahoe tuned at nelson performance (with free retunes) the other morning here in San Antonio. Has a good increase in power and throttle response, very happy with the results.
Ordered the next couple small things:
Door jam cb antenna mount for next to the rear hatch
41z3nTah-aL.jpg

Also ordered a 3' firestick antenna - already have the cb.
Still working through what design of rock sliders I want (becaues they will be custom made) to put on but i am leaning toward somthing like this:
rocksliders-600.gif

Or this, im liking the cutout look
JkSliders-01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior