2007 Thanksgiving in Baja

cpg

Adventurer
We had a group of 8 in 3 80 series and 1 tacoma. Head down for a quick trip the week of Thanksgiving. Weather was very nice 85 during most days and 73/75 degree water temps. Pretty much a straight shot to San Francisquito.
Relax there for the week then head back to the border. Here are some photos.

jl8088

Adventurer
Glad you made it back safe. I've heard it has been very dangerous driving on the pacific side. There have been several articles about people getting pulled over by "fake" cops and getting guns pointed at them and all their stuff taken, etc., etc. etc.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Congratulations it seems like a very nice trip, did you take the San felipe route to Bahia Gonzaga to Bahia de los Angels/ San Fransisquillo

cpg

Adventurer
1 to the BOLA turnoff then the 1000 course most of the way.
Nobody in our group was pulled over but TJ was is getting worse every trip. I may start going thru Tecate.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
cpg said:
1 to the BOLA turnoff then the 1000 course most of the way.
Nobody in our group was pulled over but TJ was is getting worse every trip. I may start going thru Tecate.

Great!

Now do you have more pictures or link!

cpg

Adventurer
eurorom said:
Great!

Now do you have more pictures or link!

I have hundreds of photos on Kodak easy share not sure how to link them.
Here are a few more.

cpg

Adventurer
jl8088 said:
Glad you made it back safe. I've heard it has been very dangerous driving on the pacific side. There have been several articles about people getting pulled over by "fake" cops and getting guns pointed at them and all their stuff taken, etc., etc. etc.
To bad but it does seem to be getting worse.

4cruzer

Adventurer
*****in'

that is a GREAT way to spend a holiday. How long was the drive each way? Also, how many miles on dirt? Dare I ask what christmas holds for you?

blupaddler

Conspirator
Thanks...
Looks like a great trip!
:clapsmile

I still want to make it down to San Francisquito. A friend of mine from work goes down frequently. A nice place to get away and relax.

Ahhhh, I need to go on vacation.

cpg

Adventurer
4cruzer said:
How long was the drive each way? Also, how many miles on dirt? Dare I ask what christmas holds for you?

485 miles to the border
400 miles to Bahia de los Angeles
About 90 miles to the beach at San Francisquito all dirt no big side trips this time.
Almost 2k round trip.

cpg

Adventurer
blupaddler said:
Thanks...
Looks like a great trip!
:clapsmile

I still want to make it down to San Francisquito. A friend of mine from work goes down frequently. A nice place to get away and relax.

Ahhhh, I need to go on vacation.

Very nice place. You really need to spend a few weeks. That way you can explore all the great places between Las Animas and Los corralles. Some beaches you can spend a week on and never see any one but maybe a hard core kayaker. If there is only a week I go straight to San Francisquito.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Beautiful photos.

Almost hard to look at when there's a foot of snow right outside my window.

Someday I must go south.....:rolleyes:

awalter

Expedition Portal Team, Overland Certified OC0003
eurorom said:
Thanks for sharing, how difficult is the trail from bahia de los Angeles to San Fransiquito?

Seems like a fun trip!
Pretty much a high speed graded road, last time I was on it. I'm sure some bad weather could impact it. Seems to get a lot of traffic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan