2011 Hotshot Conversion

Hoping to have all my wiring here today to get the solar compartment all wired up and my victron accessories powered. I ran the wires for my solar down the same side as the roof A/C so they are hidden behind a diamond plate cover. Then did a grommet to pass thru to the compartment as well as my alternator supply. I would definitely like to hear from others who have first had experience with the victron MPPT charge controllers. As far as wiring and configuring. I’m pretty sure you are supposed to supply your battery feed to the controller before you supply the controller with solar, correct?

Last edited:
Not much to report, just did some misc wiring in the solar comparent, hooking up the Bluetooth for everything and getting power over to the dongle. I must say having everything Bluetooth to you phone and being able to view it from the app is very nice. Tomorrow I will get all my solar panels mounts siliconed and fastened down as well as staring on my pluming. I also installed 3 additional circuit breakers into my blue sea AC breaker panel so I have the ability to have more then 3 AC circuits.

Attachments

• IMG_2741.jpeg
    IMG_2741.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
Haven’t been able to do much cause it gets dark so early now with the time change and working all the time but did make time to get the hitch assembly built. Hopefully have this welded up tomorrow after work and then can get the trailer hooked up and see them together!

Attachments

• IMG_2823.jpeg
    IMG_2823.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2824.jpeg
    IMG_2824.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 19
Got the hitch all welded up onto the rear Ibeam. I have to to a little trimming on the aluminum diamond plate cover so it clears the ball when it turns to unlock the pentel hook. But other than that it fits. Here’s a picture of the truck and trailer. More once I get the generator on and it all buttoned up

Attachments

• IMG_4082.jpeg
    IMG_4082.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 22
So now that I had some time to work on it I’ve got the plumbing done from the water tanks through the filter and basically to the outlet where I will split it one for my cold water and one for my cold water into my hot water heater. Also got the bumper fitted to go over the hitch not much needed but just a little trimming.

Attachments

• IMG_2908.jpeg
    IMG_2908.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2907.jpeg
    IMG_2907.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2906.jpeg
    IMG_2906.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2911.jpeg
    IMG_2911.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2905.jpeg
    IMG_2905.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 12
Leaving tomorrow and heading do to vista CA, nothing crazy but will get an idea on fuel mileage and drivability and comfortability. Meeting a guy down there to hopefully give me a quote to build the interior. 👍🏼

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior