2014 grand Cherokee turbo diesel

Imprezive

Don't forget that the 2014 V6 is getting an 8spd auto so it's mpg should increase significantly as well. That will make the gap with the diesel even small.

Imprezive

I think the diesel is supposed to stick with the 6spd but my point was people are computing a payback period against 5spd numbers for the V6.

mogwildRW1

Adventurer
Added range, and well built Diesel engines generally last for hundreds of thousands of KM's longer, so its a long term purchase, it will pay for itself if it's well built. Bio-Diesel option if the engine is compatible (might not be with new engines...) Torque, lots of torque.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Remember you will be dependent on DEF which will limit your options outside Canada and America.......

Also keep in mind that most Jeep dealers will not be trained on the VM diesel engine, most will never get training and some will get minimal training. If you think they hated the Mercedes diesel, cant imagine their thoughts on this unique option.

It will return similar fuel economy numbers to the 2012/13 Mercedes ML350 BlueTec. I have a 2012 ML350 BlueTec and I see 28 on the highway and 21-22 around town....I can generally get 550 miles out of tank of fuel on the highway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Remember you will be dependent on DEF which will limit your options outside Canada and America.......

I'd be getting a DEF delete. We know that the guys at http://www.bankspower.com/ have been playing with the 3.0 for some time, so hopefully they're working on a DEF delete and will have one in the not-too-distant future.

According to oh2o (an insider) on Allpar, 8spd across the board during MY2014. http://www.allpar.com/forums/topic/...ccess-srt8-diesel-more-on-the-way/?p=11312295

Interesting.
Unfortunately that means the 3.0 won't be bolted to the 5 speed currently in the Wrangler. Damn.
Hopefully that engine / trans combination will appear together in other vehicles (Ram? 300?)

Maybe we won't see the 3.0 in the Wrangler until the 8 speed comes too.. ?

-Dan

SouthPawXJ

Observer
Interesting.
Unfortunately that means the 3.0 won't be bolted to the 5 speed currently in the Wrangler. Damn.
Hopefully that engine / trans combination will appear together in other vehicles (Ram? 300?)

Maybe we won't see the 3.0 in the Wrangler until the 8 speed comes too.. ?

-Dan

I don't think it will make its way to the Wrangler before the next Wrangler comes out (MY2017?). The VM 3.0 is a large, heavy engine, and there may be engine packaging issues for the OEM using the current Wrangler. It will be going to the Ram with the 8sp sometime in the near future. They are going to launch the GC first, then bring the Ram 1500. There hasn't been any news on the diesel working its way into passenger cars at this point, unfortunately. I would love a diesel Wrangler in the states. I'll just enjoy my KJ CRD for a bit longer...

blackdmax15

Observer
I just got done test driving the '13 Audi Q7 TDI. Man that thing is amazing and will be my next purchase if the jeep diesel doesn't live up to it's hype. My question is whether or not the diesel will be offered in the base models too or will it only be offered in the Overland models. If so, with the increased cost of the diesel in the GC platform, it will only be a few thousand off of a new Audi. I know the hemi overland is roughly 47k. I know i'm stretching here but the new GC's are getting ridiculously priced. I tried to buy a cloth seat Hemi 4x4 last year and couldn't find one. Only leather luxury powder your ***** models had the hemi. Rant over.

uzj100

Adventurer
The articles are saying limited and above will have the diesel as an option. The limited can be purchased at around 40k today on the build it now on jeep.com

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I'd be getting a DEF delete. We know that the guys at http://www.bankspower.com/ have been playing with the 3.0 for some time, so hopefully they're working on a DEF delete and will have one in the not-too-distant future.

-Dan

I do not see anything for diesel Jeeps on their website...there is one tuner for the 2007/08 Jeep WK CRD and it has taken him about 5 years to get where he is......DEF delete for a WK2 will be many many years away......Doubtful Banks will jumping on such a limited production vehicle.

Plus a DEF delete is a lot more advanced than a DPF delete on pre 2010 vehicles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998