2015 - 2020 F-150 Tires. What size are you running?

deserteagle56

Adventurer
After all the back and forth between BFG AT KO, Duratrac and Wildpeak, I ultimately went with the General Grabber ATX. This is a relatively new tire but has gotten some decent reviews.

Put the General Grabber ATX tires on my truck just about a year ago now. Load Range E because it drives mainly rocky dirt roads. Went with them because a buddy of mine has been running them off-road on his Toyotas and really likes how they perform. No complaints so far...other than my mileage has dropped 1-2 mpg due to more rolling resistance. But no more rock breaks/flat tires!

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Not sure what this is worth to people and i know im in the minority- but ill never buy another set of bfg tires as long as i live. I ahd them on my xterra and on a vehicle fleet in africa. The lugs deteriorated in sand and under weight. The belts broke. The tire lugs broke off. they wore out too quickly. The tread belt separated from the carcass. On and on and on. They just wouldnt stop failing. I pulled them all and went with a mix of Cooper maxx, Duratrac, and grabber atx. All did substantially better than the ko2 and none failed early. The duratracs gripped mud the best but wore the fastest. The atx rode the stiffest but lasted the longest and were the most durable.

$.02

jbaucom

I had a set of Grabber ATX on my GMC for about 6,000 miles. The traction was great, but Discount Tire never could get rid of a severe high speed vibration, so I swapped them for a set of Falkens (AT3W). The Falkens were good too, but I didn't like them as well as the Grabber ATX, except that the Falkens didn't try to shake the truck apart on the interstate.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
I have falken MT’s on my jeep i like. Going bigger with a lift and wanted to run the ATX but the 37” is too big to fit in spare location. The falken is just a touch smaller so went with the AT3W 37. I hope i like it.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Got the General Grabber ATX's on yesterday, they look pretty decent. No fitment problems at all despite DT's web site saying they wouldn't fit. :rolleyes: Size is 275/70/18 while stock size was 275/65/18. That's approximately 1" bigger diameter overall so a 1/2" radius increase.

tires3.jpg

The definitely have a BFG-like lug pattern:

tires4.jpg

Reasonably quiet on the limited driving I've done in them so far. I think they're going to work well for me.

Though not really "oversized" they do fill up the wheel wells nicely:

tires2.jpg

(Would probably look better if it wasn't such a gloomy and overcast day. I'll do a better one in a few days when the sun comes out.)

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
35x12.50x18

XzJ8im1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998