2015 Colorado. Any plans for a review?

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Nice to see GM still using the same crap fuel pump design.

Well, electric fuel pumps are pretty much the main part that will eventually fail in any injected gas engine regardless whose logo is on the steering wheel. Just like people, how do most people die? Heart attacks....basically their fuel pump quit. GM’s supplier of fuel pumps is the same supplier that builds them for just about the entire automotive industry. Delphi. Just think, if that tow rig was a diesel it could have crapped a turbo, high pressure pump or injectors and cost 1000 times more and took 50 hours to fix. Be glad you had a gasoline engine that only has a few things that will leave you on foot all of which are cheap and easy to fix. FWIW, it also prolongs pump life to keep the fuel level above ¼ tank in any vehicle with an electric fuel pump. Most premature pump failures are due to people habitually running the vehicle on $20 worth the fuel at a time while pushing it through a 5+ year old fuel filter with a 100,000 miles on it. You’re really going to like the newer rigs….they don’t even use fuel filters anymore. The filter is built into the fuel module and is nonserviceable. Not just GM, but pretty much all of them are like that these days.

superbuickguy

Explorer
I was just curious, but since you want to be a prick I'll call it like I see it. A pair of Chinese turbos and crappy welds are all I see without any dyno proof or even video of a running setup, care to prove me wrong?

you still haven't answered my question about why I'd patent it...

and at least I do something other than run my mouth.

Last edited:

fredgoodsell

Adventurer
Makes me wish Toyota has something great to answer with next year. Not getting my hopes up though.

If only this new GM product had a MANUAL transmission!

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
what will kill it for me is if it requires cow piss additive... the converter causes so much heat that I'd be concerned that I'd have to walk out (or run) because my truck burned itself and the forest down.

those things will be excellent with some 35s or 37s under it.... lose that stupid air dam

Have I mentioned I've developed a turbo system for that 3.6VVT motor? :D 500 hp and 25 mpg

you still haven't answered my question about why I'd patent it...

and at least I do something other than run my mouth.

Could have fooled us, seems all you do is run your mouth. Care to take your "Hummer" down to Moab and make a friendly wager on who gets stuck or wimps out first? And usually when someone claims they have developed something it indicates a tested and running product is available and is sometimes patented.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Have y'all seen this? Selectable front and rear lockers, 35's. King shocks, and an integrated winch with in-cab controls?!?!?!

http://www.chevrolet.com/culture/article/colorado-zr2-off-road-truck.html

If they actually make it, and make it in a 4-door, it will be mine

No, we haven’t seen that. That is neat! We’ve only been talking about that a few posts before yours in this exact thread as well as the other thread dedicated to this concept ZR2.
hello.gif

Key word: CONCEPT

Can't actually order one that way...

Can't order one today but it is pretty safe to bet you will be able to within the next 18 months albeit it may be a watered down and more in line with the TRD Pro.

4x4junkie

Explorer
It does. It just does not come available across the board. If people wanted it and if it was able to meet emissions standards it would be available.

Already several posts in the thread from people wanting them (adding mine here on that as well)... The emissions thing I can't comment as easily on, though it seems manufacturers do a fine job of it in other fairly high-volume vehicles with something bigger than a 4-cyl engine... (think Camaro, Mustang, etc.).

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Ok so I actually drove a grey 4dr 4x4 short bed z1 today, also looked at a LT version 4dr.
my impressions?

Size is just about right. Any smaller and your better off with a big jeep or nice SUV wagon. It drives nice very quiet, steering feel I have to say is really good. Tight turning radius big plus.

The negatives
The top level trim seats and seat materials felt and looked cheaper than the lower cloth trim version. Interior options not worth it, Id gut it and put after market leather in if I wanted good looking high quality seat coverings, or just get the cloth given the lower trim covers felt far more substantial regarding material weight.

Rear seat wasnt bad space wise for sure not a knee smasher with a decent sized front passenger in the front seat. Rear seat seemed to have a decent cusion not a thinhard seat.
Front seats felt good but a little narrow, big guys would probably find the seats tight regarding hip room.
Rear doors in typical GM style are quiet skinny that might be a negative for folks using the back seat. The current Tacoma rear doors seem much larger.

The stock battery in the V6 -z1 Im not kidding is smaller than the battery in my 2.5L Subaru, however! I can see they had tabs in the plastic battery tray for a larger battery, guessing tray is used in the Diesel also with a larger battery.
The stock tires look small, too small. The Z1 I drove had the full techno babble package, I didnt even look at that stuff.

I like the size. But I think it wont be hard for Nissan and Toyota to offer nicer finishes seats and the little things that would make it the full package. The Diesel will be very interesting. The V6 has a very sedate throttle response. Not sharp and punchy at al. The Diesel my actually feel better with its large torque very early on in the revs.

Clutch

<---Pass
Ok so I actually drove a grey 4dr 4x4 short bed z1 today, also looked at a LT version 4dr.
my impressions?

Size is just about right. Any smaller and your better off with a big jeep or nice SUV wagon. It drives nice very quiet, steering feel I have to say is really good. Tight turning radius big plus.

The negatives
The top level trim seats and seat materials felt and looked cheaper than the lower cloth trim version. Interior options not worth it, Id gut it and put after market leather in if I wanted good looking high quality seat coverings, or just get the cloth given the lower trim covers felt far more substantial regarding material weight.

Rear seat wasnt bad space wise for sure not a knee smasher with a decent sized front passenger in the front seat. Rear seat seemed to have a decent cusion not a thinhard seat.
Front seats felt good but a little narrow, big guys would probably find the seats tight regarding hip room.
Rear doors in typical GM style are quiet skinny that might be a negative for folks using the back seat. The current Tacoma rear doors seem much larger.

The stock battery in the V6 -z1 Im not kidding is smaller than the battery in my 2.5L Subaru, however! I can see they had tabs in the plastic battery tray for a larger battery, guessing tray is used in the Diesel also with a larger battery.
The stock tires look small, too small. The Z1 I drove had the full techno babble package, I didnt even look at that stuff.

I like the size. But I think it wont be hard for Nissan and Toyota to offer nicer finishes seats and the little things that would make it the full package. The Diesel will be very interesting. The V6 has a very sedate throttle response. Not sharp and punchy at al. The Diesel my actually feel better with its large torque very early on in the revs.

Thanks for the quick review.

So it is good but not earth-shattering, yeah?

Lack of manual transmission option would keep me away...haven't driven my Taco in 3 weeks...did the other day...how soon I forgot how much I like driving a manual trans.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Having had Toyota trucks for the last 20 yrs, I just see it as typical GM cheap feeling materials in the interior even worse the high end model feeling super cheezy and the lower trim version having better feeling and what seems to be better cloth on the seats. GM might be hoping tech sells, which is the wrong approach for this truck.

Clutch

<---Pass
Having had Toyota trucks for the last 20 yrs, I just see it as typical GM cheap feeling materials in the interior even worse the high end model feeling super cheezy and the lower trim version having better feeling and what seems to be better cloth on the seats. GM might be hoping tech sells, which is the wrong approach for this truck.

Too little too late, yeah?

Do think it is big mistake waiting a year with the diesel. Guys have been chomping at the bit for years for a mid-size diesel. The Nissan oil burner might hit the floor the same time as the GM's...and Toyota? We can only hope...

I went and looked at the Tundras and Tacomas again...I dunno...mid-size while may not be perfect...might the Goldie-Locks size as Viggens was saying. Still waiting to see what 2016 brings before I crack open the bank account.

Viggen

Just here...
Already several posts in the thread from people wanting them (adding mine here on that as well)... The emissions thing I can't comment as easily on, though it seems manufacturers do a fine job of it in other fairly high-volume vehicles with something bigger than a 4-cyl engine... (think Camaro, Mustang, etc.).

As emissions and CAFE standards become stricter, as they should, manual transmissions will become harder and harder to find. I love the manual and DD one but do not mind having an automatic really. It is easier for a manufacturer to replicate economy and pollutants if it can control all the load parameters with a computer controlled transmission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears