2015 GMC Canyon

carbon60

Explorer
All in all I think we covered close to a 1000 km with about 700 of it being trails. Took about 22 hours of drive time. Here is a bunch of photos I snapped during the weekend. There was 23 trucks and 119 motorbikes in the rally. Hopefully I'll find some of my truck in the coming days...

Pics don't load for me, either.

balexander87

Observer
Seems to be an issue with the GravelTravel.ca site where they are hosted. Something about server bandwidth being exceeded. Must be too many people attempting to view this thread!

Hi Deadly99,

I have done some additional upgrades and will post on my thread today. I added the GM fenders, but did you have issues with the 3m not working well?

deadly99

Explorer
No, no issues with it. I've removed them a few times now and used new tape each time and haven't had problems. What was the issue...tape not holding?

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
3m makes adhesions promoter wipes that should be used to wipe clean plastic and dry before applying new 2 way tape.

Yeah I removed and placed new 3M tape but doesn't want to hold. View attachment 349650

See image.

Hard to tell but is that peeling from the fender side or the plastic flare side? Also which 3m tape did you use? The are not all equal; was is it Auto outdoor emblem/molding tape like this?

http://3mcollision.com/products/tap...acrylic-plus-attachment-tape-06386-black.html

3m makes adhesions promoter wipes that should be used to wipe clean plastic and dry before applying new 2 way tape.

That stuff is only recommended for bare plastic not paint so depending on which side it's peeling from he may just have needed to alcohol prep the paint side better.

Last edited:

deadly99

Explorer
I am looking forward to seeing more pics of your truck Deadly...:drool:

rr.jpg

A fellow took this two weeks ago at the Roaming Rally

awphillips93

Great looking truck, been following your build since I joined. Thanks for sharing those pics from the rally, too. Looks like a lot of fun.

Cheers,
Alex

deadly99

Explorer
Great looking truck, been following your build since I joined. Thanks for sharing those pics from the rally, too. Looks like a lot of fun.

Cheers,
Alex

No worries.

Clipped a rock pretty good, the skidplate/bumper paid off or else I'd be looking at a fairly hefty repair bill

bumpp.jpg

Some water crossing simply warrant some speed/waves/smiles

TED2.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Wicked:Wow1: looking pics Deadly. The truck seems to handle rocks and water with ease. Nice ride...:Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears