2016 Sierra Carnage

FullMonte

Adventurer
It happened on my buddies truck. Diff was creating vacuum and sucking gear oil when air locker released. Get a line splice from ARB. Then can easily disconnect at a more convenient location near the diff. Mine didn't have that issue. However, you can see oil residue on the compressor pressure switch so obviously some oil is getting through.

Maybe the locker needs to be used more? :)
Thanks Pete, im going to get this checked next week, ill keep you guys updated.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

rascott

Observer
Oh man that was a good line! Why go around such nice looking boulders?:sombrero: Richard....now I seem to remember you actually climbed a tree with Suzie :bike_rider:
i remember that tree.....too many acorns that morning, i guess.
here's rainier preparing to run that chute... think i took this pic from where i slid to a stop.
why does it look less steep in a picture?

Lets see my carnage report;

1. Various dents and scrapes from hitting 100+ trees. No rock damage though.
2. Front locker wire shorted out
3. Starter wire nut fell off as I rolled into camp day 1, geesh
4. Mangled rear drive shaft, had to drive home in 4x4
5. Bent 1 ton tie rod. Maybe due to steering issues
6. SAS rubbing in numerous places need of dialing in badly
7. Hub slipping on one trail( later found out it may just have been not broke in and not engaging right)
8. Knocked exhaust off hanger
9. Bent tail pipe
10. 12 year old winch rope tangled and broke

To be fair....I ran the hardest lines pretty much every single time :wings:

Last edited:

PA_JERO

Adventurer
To be fair....I ran the hardest lines pretty much every single time :wings:

Hahahah.

Is that what that was, I just thought you decided to stop paying attention to where you were going. At least that's what I remember thinking as you took a strap and winch. Your winch even got tired of having to work so it broke it's own rope. Some of your obstacles did get rocked with an sas, little bit more tuning and you should be unstoppable.

Ps; add winch line to your list.

Just a heads up to Sierra Carnage fans, 2017 is expected to head north again. Along with this there is some thinking that we should start with a few days of easier trails to build up to harder trails and widen the appeal of the annual pilgrimage to more folks who may choose to leave after the easier trails. If that includes YOU, it would be great to hear your thoughts. Either way it probably means extended next years Carnage by a few days depending on route, closer to the typical 10 days of trail riding from days past. Two distinct possibilities come to mind. First would be starting at Yosemite and running easy trails up to to Barret Lake, then hard trails north to Fordyce. Another option would be another attempt of the infamous "shell game" expedition that ended in near utter disaster despite choosing all easiest routes possible.(I realize the carnage that primarily occurred was 80% not related to 4 wheeling, such as forgetting to tighten lug nuts, highway accident, highway fire, rear end loss on highway, bad carb, lift kit installed upside down...). That is far northern Sierras easier and historic trails south, running Fordyce and Rubicon backwards.(means also many more rigs could complete Fordyce and enjoy is top rated scenery)

FullMonte

Adventurer
Hey guys , my rear ARB hose was pinched from the shop that put my 2nd gas tank. The hose was spliced and fixed. I'm ready for some wheelin! lol Now, I'm gonna have a shop check out my evap system and get my bumpers redone by Dimitri (Eurosonic)!
20160817_161121.jpg

PA_JERO

Adventurer
I'm actually not sure how we didn't find it. I looked at the hose and moved it away from the tank, must have not done that near the right spot. Sorry rain. Get that evap figured out for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior