2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2

Utah200

Adventurer
I read A LOT about the Holden Colorado VS Chevrolet. There was some information that the Holden had a different frame and therefore some dimensional changes. This is pretty on target for Australian vehicles. Most of the vehicles designed for service outside the US have some pretty significant underpinning changes, to handle the poor roads and load weights. Us Americans can't handle a truck that rides like one. The Tacoma VS Hilux is a prime example. But suspension will be the same. I wasn't certain on the fuel tank as the frame mounts might differ if a different frame was used. Front bumper as well since it mounts to the frame.

So after 4 months of trying to confirm what accessories that might work on the US Colorado I just bough a Tacoma.

I'm not too worried about it really. Bumpers and fuel tanks are pretty reasonable to have custom fabbed here. It's just impossible to resist the google searching. ;-)

TwinStick

Explorer
I also went to my local dealer about 2 months ago & asked him to put me on the list to call when the first one comes in. He asked me "if" I was gonna buy one, how would i want it ? I told him white, 2.8L DuraMax, CC SB. I also told him NO PROMISES TO BUY because no one knows for sure of the price. I told him it's hard to justify $50+ for a midsized truck with midsized abilities. Told him I can buy a fullsized truck with fullsized abilities for that or less.

p nut

butter
On the list at local stealership for a 2.8 ZR2 CCSB. Will be trading in my LR4 and building it out to best suit my overlanding needs in conjunction with my currently being built trailer. Really looking forward to this new combo and how it will suit my intended uses.

Just curious why the move from the LR4? I don't see myself getting one, but I've always thought they were great off-road machines with lots of power for towing trailers. Although the MPG isn't steller.
-
Which dealership? LHM?

TwinStick

Explorer
Just curious why the move from the LR4? I don't see myself getting one, but I've always thought they were great off-road machines with lots of power for towing trailers. Although the MPG isn't steller.
-
Which dealership? LHM?

That is the reason it has my curiosity peaked. mpg, specifically when towing a 3500lb single axle camper that sits up high. I already have a great tow vehicle. But we want to travel the USA & at 8-10 mpg or less with our 2008 Dodge Power Wagon w/G56, fuel adds up quick. I know the whole "you can buy a lot of fuel for $40-$50k" argument. But, when it is my turn to buy a vehicle again, that would kinda be like a mini-PW that gets much better mpg when empty & towing. I think i would keep the PW if I could afford to---even if we ever got a ZR2 2.8.

Utah200

Adventurer
-
Which dealership? LHM?

Just got a call from LHM today stating that they weren't able to place my order and won't be bale to until May. So...I bought a 2013 Land Cruiser. I may have issues.

Littlehouse

Adventurer
Any idea how strong that 7.5" is with the locker? Comparable to a Dana 44 on a Rubicon? Are we going to hear about these things breaking?

BioBum

I was in the same boat as Utah200 and had placed an order in Mid March. The dealership I'm working with pulled through and got the order submitted. I have an order number a production date from Chevy of 5/22/17 which is when I was initially hoping to take possession of the vehicle. I went a little overboard and ordered it with all the bells and whistles in a CCSB config with the baby dirtymax and according to my dealer it should come out to about $47K without taxes etc.

I also spoke to some family members who work for GM back in Michigan and they confirmed that all these dates and specs were pretty spot on. So if anyone in Utah wants to go for a few mellow shakedown trips in Mid July, Hit me up!

Littlehouse

Adventurer
I was in the same boat as Utah200 and had placed an order in Mid March. The dealership I'm working with pulled through and got the order submitted. I have an order number a production date from Chevy of 5/22/17 which is when I was initially hoping to take possession of the vehicle. I went a little overboard and ordered it with all the bells and whistles in a CCSB config with the baby dirtymax and according to my dealer it should come out to about $47K without taxes etc.

I also spoke to some family members who work for GM back in Michigan and they confirmed that all these dates and specs were pretty spot on. So if anyone in Utah wants to go for a few mellow shakedown trips in Mid July, Hit me up!

Congrats! I can't wait till these land in the hands of reviewers.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable

47k is that msrp, or the negotiated price?

BioBum

47k is that msrp, or the negotiated price?

47K is the MSRP without the GM employee pricing I'll be utilizing. Sadly that means I don't get to negotiate on price when I use that discount, but I'll be negotiating heavily on the trade in value of my Silverado. I'm stoked to test the limits of the truck, but I'm a little nervous since I've really only gone wheeling in Michigan, and have never done any desert wheeling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman