2017 F-550 Camper Build - Ground Up

PacificNorthWestJeeper

Blissfully Lost
So I have been battling with trying to figure out the cheapest/easiest way to get this flatbed off and sell it so I can start the build...
$60.00 for a pair of 'working' rusty camper jacks and I fab'd up some brackets with scrap steel I had laying around... Boom, off and ready for a new owner to back underneath it. Camper jacks NOT included...
Once it's gone I can clean up the frame and start on the suspension...,
IMG_3025.jpg

PacificNorthWestJeeper

Blissfully Lost
The REAR brake light wiring is pictured below.
I think I have each wire figured out but if someone has a wiring diagram of the rear of the cab chassis 2017 F550 for verification that would be cool.
Best I could figure out on the internet is:
Orange: Its a constant hot line for a camper battery charging?
Blue: Electronic Trailer Brake Controller?
Yellow: Left Turn Signal?
Brown: Running/Marker Lights?
Blue Grey: No Idea, probably something to do with the trailer brake controller?
Green: Right Turn Signal?
White: Ground?

F550 Brake Wiring.png

PacificNorthWestJeeper

Blissfully Lost
The parts build up continues.. Powerstop cross drilled and slotted rotors and their X-treme brake pads front and back arrived today.
When I dig into the brakes, I think since I am there, I will change the axle seals and front axle Ujoints since I will be more than half way there any way. Just precautionary since again I have no idea what it has been through the previous 100k before I bought it.
So what is left to get for the truck before it is torn down and rebuilt?
- Glow Plugs, with just over 100k and being the new owner I think it is good insurance to do.
- Carli Radius Arms
- Carli Swaybarlinks & Drop Brackets (front only) - the rear is in my Kelderman kit.
- Stryker track arm bar.
- 20 gallon gray tank
- 60 gallon diesel tank. Not sure if I am going to have a custom one made or go with the Titan tank. I think if I have one made I will be able to utilize the space between the frame rails much better... We will see....
- Lastly, after the suspension install, I will need to measure for 2.0 remote reservoir adjustable King shocks so they can be made.
Next step after this is the 4 point subframe. I am debating if I am going to extend the frame 3-4 feet first before the 4 point subframe build starts. Still batting that around in my head. I would like more floor space in the camper build so still thinking..
IMG_3409.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior