2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with J30 (gobirubicon)

rubicon91

Explorer
Registered for Appalachian Rendezvous this week and once registration opens for Expo East will get that done and will be all set for my big trip in September. Have some things to get in preparation for the trip. I am sure the list will grow some but in short this will be the next phase to get done to the Jeep.

CB
Evo Protek armor
VIAIR portable air compressor
ACE Rocker Guards
Bartract Rear Seat Covers
Additional 2 inch mattress for my RTT. Going to get one made from the foam factory I think. Still researching on this.

rubicon91

Explorer
So today I found out that the AEV rep would be at the local Jeep dealer. Our local dealer is wrapping up becoming an AEV Dealer. Anyways the reason I was interested is the rep was driving one of their Prospector XL Rams. This thing was a beast and awesome to see. The Prospector XL sits on 40 inch Toyos. I pulled into the handicap spot for 30 seconds while i was leaving to get a pic side by side to show how big this thing is. Was nice to sit and ******** chat with the AEV rep for about an hour also.

Attachments

• 20170713_110628_resized.jpg
    20170713_110628_resized.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 81
  • 20170713_110724_resized.jpg
    20170713_110724_resized.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20170713_114834_resized.jpg
    20170713_114834_resized.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 88

rubicon91

Explorer
Registered for Appalachian Rendezvous this week and once registration opens for Expo East will get that done and will be all set for my big trip in September. Have some things to get in preparation for the trip. I am sure the list will grow some but in short this will be the next phase to get done to the Jeep.

CB
Evo Protek armor
VIAIR portable air compressor
ACE Rocker Guards
Bartract Rear Seat Covers
Additional 2 inch mattress for my RTT. Going to get one made from the foam factory I think. Still researching on this.

Also a quick update on the stuff above that I need. Rear seat covers are in the Jeep and the Viair 400p was ordered today off amazon for $140 as it was on sale again. I think I will be ordering a CB tomorrow from Right Channel as the club in town gets a discount from them I am told.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Man! that is definitely a beast! In a good way. :bowdown:

I picked up the Cobra 75 as a kit through Right Channel. Really liked the mic bracket they included. The whole kit is quality.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
FWIW, I added an 1/8" thick aluminum plate to the mic bracket, so I could clip on a ham hand talkie.
Turned out big enough to clip an InReach SE on the backside. The bracket is super clean!
Think you'll dig it. :)

Gobiwon

Love the new Gobi color

Upgrades done! Gotta get it dirty again now!

Attachments

• IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

rubicon91

Explorer
I received a phone call last week from a client of mine who was going to be in FL and was doing a fishing trip and invited me to come along. It was a working trip ;) so I was able to get the powers that be to say yes and off I went to Stuart FL on Tuesday night for a day of fishing on wednesday. We had to be at the dock and ready to roll by 8am. Captain said we would be doing lunch by noon and we would all be exhausted and done for the day. I said sure sure. Well we ate lunch around 1215 and were completely exhausted. Was a great trip. Caught in total 4 Goliath Grouper. I caught and reeled in 2 and the 2nd one was brutal as I was already exhausted from the first one lol.

Attachments

• Goliath Grouper Fishing3.jpg
    Goliath Grouper Fishing3.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7121.jpg
    IMG_7121.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7113.jpg
    IMG_7113.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 44

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I received a phone call last week from a client of mine who was going to be in FL and was doing a fishing trip and invited me to come along. It was a working trip ;) so I was able to get the powers that be to say yes and off I went to Stuart FL on Tuesday night for a day of fishing on wednesday. We had to be at the dock and ready to roll by 8am. Captain said we would be doing lunch by noon and we would all be exhausted and done for the day. I said sure sure. Well we ate lunch around 1215 and were completely exhausted. Was a great trip. Caught in total 4 Goliath Grouper. I caught and reeled in 2 and the 2nd one was brutal as I was already exhausted from the first one lol.

Holy Mackerel! (oops, Holy Grouper!) Does that fish outweigh you?

rubicon91

Explorer
Holy Mackerel! (oops, Holy Grouper!) Does that fish outweigh you?

hahaha Jeff yes the 2nd one did. The first was between 150-200 the capt said. The second one I caught was 250+. These are not even the big boys. The captain reeled in an approx 700lb one not too long ago he said. I dont know if I could have been prepared for that heavy of a fish. It was a great day!

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
WOW! :eek:

Man, I can't even imagine trying to reel something that big in to the boat.
What a rush that must have been! :victory:

rubicon91

Explorer
WOW! :eek:

Man, I can't even imagine trying to reel something that big in to the boat.
What a rush that must have been! :victory:
Oh it was a rush especially since you knew when the fish was gonna bite as we could see about 75 ft down. Let me just say I slept like a baby Wednesday night lol. I was really happy that I was able to experience that. It was awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

DblD

Adventurer
I've got just over 2000 miles on my Gobi Rubicon. I already have two places on my door hinges where rocks have been kicked up and chipped the paint.
Do you have any plans to address this on your rig? If so, please share.

dd

rubicon91

Explorer
I've got just over 2000 miles on my Gobi Rubicon. I already have two places on my door hinges where rocks have been kicked up and chipped the paint.
Do you have any plans to address this on your rig? If so, please share.

dd

I have no issues with that but my door hinges have the kargo master safari steps on them so I doubt I will have any issues at all with this. As far as your questions about the reclining seat and fridge on the other thread I highly doubt you can have both back there. It is tight between the seat and the tailgate with the fridge in. I would guess in order to have the fridge back there you would have to take out the reclining part. You could always remove it on one side and keep it on the other i would imagine.

DblD

Adventurer
It is tight between the seat and the tailgate with the fridge in. I would guess in order to have the fridge back there you would have to take out the reclining part.

ARG! That's what I was afraid of. Not possible for the backseat occupants to be comfortable whilst handing me a cold (legal while you drive) beverage from the fridge.

Thanks for the reply rubicon91.

dd

Just realized....

I need to change the photo with my name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan