2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with J30 (gobirubicon)

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
Looking great, man! I ran the AEV 2.5" with stock MTs for a while and it was a little goofy, but I didn't mind. Never got a good picture of it either, eventually went to a 35" KM2 and am in love with the setup. Rides very well when loaded up, and a bit stiff when unloaded.

That grouper is gnarly, btw, my back would be toast.

rubicon91

Explorer
Looking great, man! I ran the AEV 2.5" with stock MTs for a while and it was a little goofy, but I didn't mind. Never got a good picture of it either, eventually went to a 35" KM2 and am in love with the setup. Rides very well when loaded up, and a bit stiff when unloaded.

That grouper is gnarly, btw, my back would be toast.

Thank you! That grouper actually killed my forearm more than my back. But my back was toast as well!

rubicon91

Explorer
I just picked up my Jeep from getting the tires swapped. Cannot be happier. I was also able to get all 5 of the stock tires on the back rack. BAJA1000 anyone!?!? lol Next up it would appear I am going to order the ACE Sliders to go with the rubi rails.

Attachments

• 20170829_112958_resized.jpg
    20170829_112958_resized.jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 20170829_115521_resized.jpg
    20170829_115521_resized.jpg
    604.1 KB · Views: 116

rubicon91

Explorer
That looks perfect! :victory:
Thanks Scott. Been getting things together in preparation for my big trip in 3 weeks. Ordered the evo protek skid plate system more out of precaution. That will be here next week. Also ordered the powertank propane mount for my lod bumper. Trailer has been cleaned out and prepped. Road shower mounted to the gobi rack. Now to just get these next few weeks out of the way so I can head to Applachian rendezvous and then on the expo east. Can't wait to get back out. Been a long hot summer here and no chance I was going out camping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

rubicon91

Explorer
Well good thing I like to camp and get away as I am more prepared than most. This hurricane is gonna cause some havoc. Models have shifted it more towards us again. 50 gallons of water 30lbs propane arb fridge on. Road shower mounted and filled plenty of alcohol and food. Now to play a wait and see. Shutters went on house today. I've been through both Andrew and charley and somehow this one seems to be worse. No need in trying to leave now either. To get out of fl is insane. Gas shortages on the way. I'm as prepared as prepared can be. Work tomorrow then hunker down and wait. #getthe****outtahereirma

As of now landfall is less than 2 hours away from us. Still much to be decided but it needs to turn sooner than later damn it.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Well good thing I like to camp and get away as I am more prepared than most. This hurricane is gonna cause some havoc. Models have shifted it more towards us again. 50 gallons of water 30lbs propane arb fridge on. Road shower mounted and filled plenty of alcohol and food. Now to play a wait and see. Shutters went on house today. I've been through both Andrew and charley and somehow this one seems to be worse. No need in trying to leave now either. To get out of fl is insane. Gas shortages on the way. I'm as prepared as prepared can be. Work tomorrow then hunker down and wait. #getthe****outtahereirma

As of now landfall is less than 2 hours away from us. Still much to be decided but it needs to turn sooner than later damn it.

Wishing you all the best Donny!

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Thanks Jeff and likewise reach out if you need any help with your mom.

Thanks. My sister works at Lee Memorial and is part of the critical staff there, so she'll be at work through the whole thing and worst case Mom can take shelter there.

unkamonkey

Explorer
Interesting to watch the reports from there. I've written to a friend that lives outside of Ft. Meyers but no reply yet. Her brother lives in East TX and had to be removed with his dog and 2 cats by an airboat. (his son is a fireman/EMT that came in). He lives in a house on stilts and parked his new truck under the house. The truck was under water and Lee went out and tied his new boat to a tree. I watch the news and got the warning that we were going to have the "snow storm of the century" one winter so my shovel was by my front door. I got 4" of snow here. I don't trust the news for much.

rubicon91

Explorer
Looks to be a direct hit on us tomorrow at this point. We have relocated 5 miles or so inland to a friend's house. Surge is expect 6-10ft and we are 5 blocks from river. The wait is just brutal. Hopefully we all come out of this unscathed but it is not looking good at this moment. Pray for SWFL we are going to need it for sure.

rubicon91

Explorer
We made it thru the storm. Luckily it hit Marco island and Naples first. The eye wall collapsed as it was almost on us. We had power for about 7 hours of storm before it went. The house we were at had the pool cage implode and a large tree is leaning on the house. I surveyed my house. Some damage lost privacy fence pool screen and a roof leak. All in all could have been way worse.

unkamonkey

Explorer
We made it thru the storm. Luckily it hit Marco island and Naples firhe

Well good, I rarely watch the TV but I have around 7 friends in the area so I forced myself to watch the news and weather stations as long as I could stand the repeating stories. I talked to my friend in Ft. Meyers this morning and they were allowed to leave the shelter but no power so no water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior