2017 Yukon XL Denali (4WD): can you lift it and build it?

fifty

Adventurer
So LG motorsports an another company have the MRC bypass plugs for the 15+ denalis. They say the ones for the 15+ corvettes work with the trucks. SO thats a good thing. The bad thing is everthing else, getting stuff fab'd that actuallly works. Also, the air bags are built into the rear shocks I believe. So we would need aftermarket bags on the axle if we wanted to keep that feature as well as bypass any lights for that if there are any. So its possible, but holy crap its gonna be expensive. The plugs are over $400...

duke90

Adventurer
I have a '17 Yukon XL Denali. Bullet Proof Suspension makes a 6" and 10" lift for the 15+ yukons. Fabtech also makes a 6" one.. One their website, fabtech doesn't show it as being compatible with the XL or the suburban (only the standard length ones), but I spoke with someone at my local dealership who had a suburban LTZ (with mag-ride) and he had a 6" Fabtech lift with fox shocks up front and shock extenders in the rear so that it incorporates the stock rear shocks. I have a picture of the burb with the lift on my phone. As far as front bull bar is concerned, no company makes one yet for '15+ but a guy at yotamaster in Corona said they'd be willing to fab one up for me.

Mcgaughys also makes a 6" lift for the Denali's that doesn't disengage magneride

Last edited:

fifty

Adventurer
Huh. The BPS and FT are not just shock extenders? That would be awesome if we could get shocks that dont over heat just driving down the road. Ill have to look into this.

duke90

Adventurer
6 years later update..still have my 17' denali. I got rid of the mag ride and replaced it with Fox 2.0 Coilovers in the front + Dirt King UCAs and Fox 2.5 Piggybacks in the rear. Also swapped out the oem rear upper/lower trailing arms and panhard bar with upgraded off-road ones from Spohn Performance. Few other mods I've done to it as well. Will post a separate build thread once I get around to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan

Members online