2018 Ram 3500 Expedition Family Adventure Vehicle

Kingsize24

Made it back. All went smoothly, and while I was sitting at a fuel station I used my commercial settings and corrected the hyperflash from the new LED's. Super simple with all the commercial adds on my truck. One of the first things I wanted to check was my hitch connection point location in regards to the the rear of the new bed. And I can't be happier. It's MONEY! And bonus, I'll never slam my shin on it ever again.

20230414_192813.jpg20230414_192819.jpg20230414_192847.jpg20230414_192849.jpg

UglyViking

I know literally nothing about welding aluminum past the fact that it's possible, but I'm surprised that you can see the welds to clearly. I guess I would have expected them to be ground or smoothed down. Guessing the aluminum doesn't allow for that as easily? It is a sweet bed though

Kingsize24

I know literally nothing about welding aluminum past the fact that it's possible, but I'm surprised that you can see the welds to clearly. I guess I would have expected them to be ground or smoothed down. Guessing the aluminum doesn't allow for that as easily? It is a sweet bed though

You could grind them down and weaken the weld. And IMO the welds look amazing. And you honestly don't notice the few that are there unless you are right up on the truck. But as I said, I'd prefer them in raw form as they are.

burt

Observer
If you can make your welds look like that I’d think you would like to show that off. As a fabricator maybe I see them different. They do stand out because usually aluminum boxes have more bent seams showing. I think it looks awesome but I’m curious why the whole door pockets are welded in rather than formed. I’m sure I’ll spend way too much time staring at the pictures figuring that out. nice work

ramblinChet

This is a fun looking build to follow @Kingsize24 and all the pics are great!

The bed by @Bowen Customs is absolutely stunning and those beautiful welds are classy. My ultra-picky side is wondering where rear bumper protection is for rear-end collisions or sliding off rocks. And maybe it is not possible, but paint matching would be a plus - it appears the shades of white are slightly off. Not a deal breaker though. Very good looking bed.

Remind me - what will be installed up above for a camper? Keep the pics coming!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78