2019 Ram

Dalko43

Explorer
Still putting a 31 gallon tank into a vehicle that was designed for long distance towing....come on FCA. Most of the 1/2 tons have more fuel capacity than that.

Also, putting holes in the radius arms for weight reduction? Is that really necessary?

Overall platform looks to be a moderate improvement over the outgoing generation. I noticed they placed a lot of emphasis on NVH mitigation, which makes sense given that there were a number of owners who complained about driving vibrations with the 4th gen. I think the whole 1000lb-ft milestone is stupid....most owners would prefer better reliability and longer warranties over +100lb-ft and some bragging rights. I really wish the OEM's weren't so fixated on that stupid d#$k measuring contest.

Darwin

Explorer
I'm disappointed, I was looking to order a new Ram 5500 but I fail to see anything about 19 that is a great improvement. I could careless about a lot of stupid tech unless it yielded more reliability and MPGs. I was also hoping for an 8 spd. trans. Will have to see if any 18's get a heavy discount.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
The horsepower wars are making the trucks worse.

The manual trans is just too slow. If the Momo's won't buy it, there isn't enough economy of scale to produce it, for people like us. I like manuals because they generally don't fail. If there's a weak point to the master cylinder, you can carry a spare.

I'd be ok with the smaller tank if it was tucked up tight, higher than the lower frame rail, with a tough skid plate. If it hangs down like GM, Ford, and old Dodges, then yeah, that's way too small. 38 g seems a bit small to me already.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
The current 4th Gen gassers only have a 31gal tank, the 2019 1500 has a 34gal tank, silly that they would have more fuel capacity than a HD. I am happy about the 8-speed though, definitely an improvement. Hopefully the new head lights are better, they certainly look better. I could care less about the new interior tech/gadgets, but I am sure that will be popular with the masses.

Explorerinil

Observer
Still putting a 31 gallon tank into a vehicle that was designed for long distance towing....come on FCA. Most of the 1/2 tons have more fuel capacity than that.

Also, putting holes in the radius arms for weight reduction? Is that really necessary?

Overall platform looks to be a moderate improvement over the outgoing generation. I noticed they placed a lot of emphasis on NVH mitigation, which makes sense given that there were a number of owners who complained about driving vibrations with the 4th gen. I think the whole 1000lb-ft milestone is stupid....most owners would prefer better reliability and longer warranties over +100lb-ft and some bragging rights. I really wish the OEM's weren't so fixated on that stupid d#$k measuring contest.
I’m with you, although my aisin equipped ram high output with 900 ft lbs of torque has been extremely reliable. I’m near 50k with 37’s, never been to the shop. My 18 work f150 with 10k is on its 3rd recall, 1 oil leak which hasn’t been fixed yet, 2 trans gear selector sensor, 2nd reprogram and ford still can’t figure out why it idles like a diesel.

Littlehouse

Adventurer
I saw +100 in payload to 1,660 and +600 in towing for wagon to 10,620 from a vid on TFL Truck. Not always confident with their reviews though. Is the 12k lb Warn Zeon with synthetic rope an upgrade or downgrade? Looks like they still have a tradesman power wagon for those that don’t want all the fancy stuff, but that 12” screen in the regular trim sure does look nice to me.

Clutch

<---Pass
Well I'm kind of bummed they no longer have the manual trans option. I understand they don't sell a lot but I like rowing gears and obviously think it should be an option. This new truck on paper is built. Hope the new 8 speed is up to the task.

https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/01/2019-ram-heavy-duty-details-video/

Noticed the local dealer here has quite a few manuals on their lot currently. (20 or so last count) Guess they knew it was coming and stocked up on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears