2019 Ram

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper

Tex68w

Beach Bum
You aren't going to find a heavily discounted Tradesmam with a Power Wagon package, you'd be lucky to find one period. Most leftover 2018 Power Wagons can be had for $10-11K off of sticker making them at best in the high 40's ($47-49K) and a fully loaded $64-66K sticker model will still have you in the $50's. If you were to order a base tradesman with a Power Wagon option the cheapest I could see any dealer selling it for would be in the mid 40's. You simply don't get the same deal on a custom order as you do on a truck in inventory sitting on the lot.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
You aren't going to find a heavily discounted Tradesmam with a Power Wagon package, you'd be lucky to find one period. Most leftover 2018 Power Wagons can be had for $10-11K off of sticker making them at best in the high 40's ($47-49K) and a fully loaded $64-66K sticker model will still have you in the $50's. If you were to order a base tradesman with a Power Wagon option the cheapest I could see any dealer selling it for would be in the mid 40's. You simply don't get the same deal on a custom order as you do on a truck in inventory sitting on the lot.
That seems to coincide with my findings up here as well. Actually, I can't even find a base ST / Tradesman here with the Power Wagon package.

Personally not really feeling the '19's... Yeah, improved this, lighter that, more payload, more towing.... Buuuuut Dial Shifter. Ugh. No thanks. Hate those things. I want a big metal lever that I can hear clunk through the gears as I shift.... Speaking of knobs and dials, is there still a transfer case lever or has it been changed to a dial or knob too?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
That seems to coincide with my findings up here as well. Actually, I can't even find a base ST / Tradesman here with the Power Wagon package.

Personally not really feeling the '19's... Yeah, improved this, lighter that, more payload, more towing.... Buuuuut Dial Shifter. Ugh. No thanks. Hate those things. I want a big metal lever that I can hear clunk through the gears as I shift.... Speaking of knobs and dials, is there still a transfer case lever or has it been changed to a dial or knob too?

I've never come across one, I almost certain it has to be custom ordered as most dealers will go ahead and order a full on PW package for inventory. IF one could get one for $45K new then that would certainly be the way to go in my eyes, but I bet they will be every bit as much as a discounted 2018 sitting on the dealer lot.

Yea I agree about the dial shifter, I hate those, sadly most manufacturers are going that route it seems, dumb down the user interface for the next generation lol. It still has the manual t-case lever, so that's a plus. The bigger screen while neat/cool is just a larger distraction in my eyes and added complexity to the overall system, as is the push button start, but again, most people drool over the creature comforts like keyless entry. I think all of these doo-dads have their place in a luxury vehicle and we have owned trucks/SUV's with those features, but personally it's not stuff I want in a back country overland vehicle. I want to keep things as simple as possible to lessen the chance of major issues in the middle of nowhere or miles from the nearest dealer.

I do applaud the 8-speed transmission (wish it were still column shift tho) and the new head lights were a must, very jealous of those. Aside from that the payload/towing numbers while improved aren't earth shattering and I feel like the M12000 is a better/more rugged/durable winch than the VR that replaced it. Most will prefer the synthetic line but cable doesn't bother me and that's an easy fix down the road.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Yea I agree about the dial shifter, I hate those, sadly most manufacturers are going that route it seems, dumb down the user interface for the next generation lol. It still has the manual t-case lever, so that's a plus. The bigger screen while neat/cool is just a larger distraction in my eyes and added complexity to the overall system, as is the push button start, but again, most people drool over the creature comforts like keyless entry. I think all of these doo-dads have their place in a luxury vehicle and we have owned trucks/SUV's with those features, but personally it's not stuff I want in a back country overland vehicle. I want to keep things as simple as possible to lessen the chance of major issues in the middle of nowhere or miles from the nearest dealer.

Agreed. No need for me to have a giant screen in the dash. My F150 has the small 4.2" screen and it does everything I need it too. I still start my truck with a key too! Gasp!

My wife had a Journey R/T a few years back. She was at a gas station once and all of the sudden the car wouldn't recognize the key fob... I'll stick with an old fashioned key if possible.

That being said, it was -22 F here this morning so, a remote starter would be nice. I'll still take a pass on the seat and steering wheel heaters. Just more to break IMO.

STREGA

Explorer
While recovering from surgery in December I had nothing better to do than cruise the net for stuff I couldn't buy and found a few 2018 Tradesman PW's on dealership lots in Arizona. Lowest priced one was in Flagstaff at around $41K and had a couple options like sprayed in bed liner and bed lights the other one they had was a little more $ since it also had the Ram Box option. The others were in the Phoenix area and almost the same price, that put them about 8-9K below MSRP, Ram had some good incentives going on in December.

Explorerinil

Observer
While recovering from surgery in December I had nothing better to do than cruise the net for stuff I couldn't buy and found a few 2018 Tradesman PW's on dealership lots in Arizona. Lowest priced one was in Flagstaff at around $41K and had a couple options like sprayed in bed liner and bed lights the other one they had was a little more $ since it also had the Ram Box option. The others were in the Phoenix area and almost the same price, that put them about 8-9K below MSRP, Ram had some good incentives going on in December.
That’s a good deal, if you look around allot you can find a decent deal. I got my truck for 52k, aisin with h/o cummins, pretty good deal being the aisin was a 4K option at the time.

Explorerinil

Observer
Agreed. No need for me to have a giant screen in the dash. My F150 has the small 4.2" screen and it does everything I need it too. I still start my truck with a key too! Gasp!

My wife had a Journey R/T a few years back. She was at a gas station once and all of the sudden the car wouldn't recognize the key fob... I'll stick with an old fashioned key if possible.

That being said, it was -22 F here this morning so, a remote starter would be nice. I'll still take a pass on the seat and steering wheel heaters. Just more to break IMO.
Back during my Harley days a few guys I rode with had their fob not sync with their bikes, I avoid keyless fobs at all cost now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle