2021 Overland Explorer Vehicles (OEV) CAMP-HBE pop-up flatbed pickup camper (renamed the "Hudson Bay" for 2023 model year)

thegoldrun

Nice! How about some specs? Looks like 2023 F350 Tremor?

2023 F350 XL STX 7.3L Godzilla 4.30 e-lock camper/plow package. Factory Warn winch. AirLift bags. 35” Goodyear Duratrac aftermarket. Suspension is stock for now, 50 psi in the bags is a bit much. Probably will do custom leafs and shocks.

Thanks! Here you go. 7” 2.5>2 extension barely fits with a kids bike inboard.

That was fast, thanks!

Hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like you possibly could fit a larger bike inboard, if you didn't mind the extra step of straightening the handlebars (to run parallel to the bike) by loosening the two allen bolts on the bicycle stem.

I hope you enjoy your HBE! I've got one on the way, and I'm stoked!

thegoldrun

That was fast, thanks!

Hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like you possibly could fit a larger bike inboard, if you didn't mind the extra step of straightening the handlebars (to run parallel to the bike) by loosening the two allen bolts on the bicycle stem.

I hope you enjoy your HBE! I've got one on the way, and I'm stoked!

I think you're probably right but you have to fit the saddle around the ladder. Im going to add another tray and we're set for 5yrs+ as the kids grow into larger bikes. Another option is to add a 1UP RakAttach swing-out for more clearance. I have one that I used on my CampX but dont need it for the Hudson Bay unless I find myself needing to access the ladder with bikes on. Trying to keep the weight down.

Crux

I think you're probably right but you have to fit the saddle around the ladder. Im going to add another tray and we're set for 5yrs+ as the kids grow into larger bikes. Another option is to add a 1UP RakAttach swing-out for more clearance. I have one that I used on my CampX but dont need it for the Hudson Bay unless I find myself needing to access the ladder with bikes on. Trying to keep the weight down.

Which dealer did you use for your HBE? Looks great!

Ninelitetrip

Anyone at Overland Expo get info on when the HW HBE might be released?

Arnold is at expo and he’s active on their Instagram account. you might ask there, but the best I know is it’s available to order has been for a couple months but as yet I don’t think one’s been built yet.

sn_85

Observer
Looks like Offgrid4x4 doesn’t sell OEV anymore?
Yeah new CO. dealer announced. Maybe they weren’t selling enough?

Yes very interesting indeed. Offgrid4x4 is now selling FWC instead. Seems like a huge step back and sounds like a a change in management as well. From what I understand Matt Carter who owns off-grid engineering went into business with Ken Shillington to create Offgrid4x4. Looks like Ken is no longer part of Offgrid4x4 and now owns 10x Campers and Gear who is the OEV dealer in Colorado.

tacollie

Glamper
I pretty sure that Offgrid is in the same building as the new dealer. I'm pretty they are on the same block. I have OEV parts that arrived at Offgrid this week so I'll know in a week or so. It's probably like Juniper and Rocky Mountain FWC.

Last edited:

sn_85

Observer
I pretty sure that Offgrid is in the same building as the new dealer. I'm pretty they are on the same block. I have OEV parts that arrived at Offgrid this week so I'll know in a week or so. It's probably like Juniper and Rocky Mountain FWC.

Interesting. I guess that's a good strategy to be able to expand product lines without upsetting venders perse. Offgrid will sell FWC and Superpacific campers and 10X will sell the OEV and Yuca Pac campers as separate dealers under one parent company?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior