2021 Titan XD Pro-4X w/ Ovrlnd Camper

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
How much of a payload increase is this ? I “assumed” the other truck was 1600ish lbs.

It was 1344 so I gained right around 650lbs which is enough for my purposes. The published data including in the owners manual for the exact trim, cab size etc. was 1600lbs. Not sure why on the discrepancy.

Accidentally went well over payload towing the trailer back the first time. Truck had zero issues with it but I didn't want to constantly do it. All manufacturers are a bit different. Seems Ford over estimates specs while Nissan underrates.

Payload wasn't the only reason. We also moved closer to family so it's nice to have a crew cab. It also allows us to move some things out of the bed to free up camper room. Lastly, we love the Ovrlnd camper and this will fit perfectly since it's the same bed. This one has 26k miles with an 84 month 100k bumper to bumper warranty too and the net difference between my trade wasn't very significant.

plumber mike

Adventurer
Congrats McGee. Love the color. Wishing you many happy miles. Gettin’ right to it. Where did you source the suspension goodies?

Wyo37

I've been thinking about the icon suspension for my xd. Looking forward to pics of yours when installed and your thoughts on it.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
Congratulations!
This is a slick looking truck. Is there difference between the riding and handling qualities between this one and the previous one?

This is great! It is virtually imposable to find this payload among the crew cab 1500 trucks, including the Tundra.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Congratulations!
This is a slick looking truck. Is there difference between the riding and handling qualities between this one and the previous one?

This is great! It is virtually imposable to find this payload among the crew cab 1500 trucks, including the Tundra.
I had the Icon suspension on my regular Titan for such a long time I can't recall how it drove stock. That said, the XD is definitely heavier and feels even more planted. It's exceedingly stable going down the road. Steering is a bit more vague due to the recirculating ball but it's fine and has some hefty which I prefer. Street comfort is better with the longer wheel base and stock bilsteins. Lower gearing and smaller tires of the XD is noticable but I swapped my larger snow tires on today and now it feels closer to the old truck; with the 285/75s it should be about perfect. Gas mileage is about the same for me so far. Stereo is the same fender system but the crew cab has a few more speakers and sounds fantastic.

Off-road the XD runs out of suspension semi harshly compared to my king cab on icons. The grabber apt tires are also not my favorite and reminded me why I ditched them so soon; they are also aired up to 65psi recommended vs 32psi. Overall the XDs not bad by any means it's just not as good stock for stock offroad and definitely not stock compared to the icon suspension/33" all terrains on my prior truck.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Congratulations!

The real world payload is great. My work f150 has a 2000lb payload (Supercab, 4wd, 5.0, 8' bed) but it doesn't feel half as planted (or quality) as the XD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior