2023 F350 Tremor Build "Gandalf the Grey"

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Nothing too crazy for this update. Yaesu FTM-300 with MARS Mod and a Larsen antenna on an NMO mount I modified to fit the truck.

Wiring will happen next week, no time for now. The Yeasu head unit has an odd sized threaded insert that no big company makes an adapter for RAM mounts. I tried a LIDO QR mount and it rattled like crazy and felt pretty cheap so
I tried a different one from them and modified it to match up with a RAM ball. The radio itself is in the lower glove compartment and will be wired to an upfitter switch. I’m also running a micro USB to the Garmin InReach for constant power. I’ll add a cigarette adapter to the glove compartment to power that soon.

My previous mobile HAM was an ICOM ID5100 which worked very well however the screen faded over time and was much larger. The new version looks a little better however the size would block too much of the windshield view with this truck.

I have been considering installing the Yaesu FTM-500 DR in mine but I am not sold on the idea of having something mounted to the top of the dash. Which parts did you use for the USB and 12V hookups?

Bigc3031

Nothing fancy for the 12v/USB. I’ve learned the hard way that USB connections and specs change but cig adapters stay the same. I like to install cig sockets and then just buy anker or other reputable brand adapters.

Can’t remember if I posted some of these pics but the HAM install is complete. Sleeved and managed the cables and chose my mic spot. I really like the nighteze steelie for mic mounts as they don’t rattle and it’s easy to grab/place the mic off road.

The Desert does it seat mount is solid if you need some space to secure gear. I have my HAM speaker and a solid extinguisher mounted under the drivers seat and will likely mound a holster there as well.

ATO topper should be ready mid July. Can’t wait!

Attachments

• IMG_6849.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6850.jpeg
    IMG_6850.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6851.jpeg
    IMG_6851.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6853.jpeg
    IMG_6853.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6854.jpeg
    IMG_6854.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6855.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 25

Kingsize24

Very nice with that plate. And yes. They keep changing so it makes sense to use that so upgrading in the future is simple.

Love the Ham!

Bigc3031

Huge surprise this week. ATO is pumping out the toppers and mine was delivered to the installer a couple months early. I’ll be headed to Southern Overlamd Outfitters in a few weeks to get the install knocked out.

I’m thinking about getting a wrap to match my truck, we’ll see.

I’m installing a beard as well, I have really liked them in the past. That wi go in after some seam sealing of the bed.

Attachments

• IMG_4284.jpeg
    IMG_4284.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4283.jpeg
    IMG_4283.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4282.jpeg
    IMG_4282.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 57

Bigc3031

Agreed! And I see you have a forced air heat Truma on the wall too. You will like that. Nice dry heat.
I’m looking forward to it. I was on the fence but they have a free Truma promo which is hard to beat!

I may add some ducting to get the supply away from the return as well as the thermostat.

Kingsize24

I’m looking forward to it. I was on the fence but they have a free Truma promo which is hard to beat!

I may add some ducting to get the supply away from the return as well as the thermostat.
Agreed. If you could duct that supply away from the return to the opposite side of the camper it would be VERY efficient. And the controller could then stay where it is.

And a free Truma Varioheat is a hell of a promotion.

Bigc3031

Not much of an update. I caught a nasty cold that has kicked my butt. I installed a built right rear seat release and changed my fogs ans driving lights to Amber. Tomorrow I am going to Sika flex all the bed seams if the weather cooperates. I may put some sealant between the bed rails and plastic rail cap as well. I’m have a full bed rug ready to go. I’m getting pumped for the topper.

I have been searching for a nice fridge slide that’s not too bulky, any of you have suggestions? The tembo tusk slides look pretty solid.

Attachments

• IMG_1633.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1632.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 28

dstefan

Not much of an update. I caught a nasty cold that has kicked my butt. I installed a built right rear seat release and changed my fogs ans driving lights to Amber. Tomorrow I am going to Sika flex all the bed seams if the weather cooperates. I may put some sealant between the bed rails and plastic rail cap as well. I’m have a full bed rug ready to go. I’m getting pumped for the topper.

I have been searching for a nice fridge slide that’s not too bulky, any of you have suggestions? The tembo tusk slides look pretty solid.
DFG Offroad makes great slides. Lightweight (aluminum) but strong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior