2023 UEV-14

ROA-OFFROAD

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Has anyone wired in a DCDC charger to their UEV-14 (USA)?

Does the Anderson plug on the tongue go directly to the Anderson plug labelled 'DCDC' in the space behind the control panel?

If so, what's the purpose of the Anderson plug inside the pull-out kitchen storage area?

Anderson plug in the pull out kitchen is used for fridges. Australian/ SA units dont use 12v plugs the same way we do. They use anderson plugs. Which, are much better for off roading because they dont come loose while off roading. There should be an anderson plug in the front of your trailer as well that you can use for charging your batteries either via anderson plug from the truck or from a solar panel with a built in solar controller. We have had several people do the DC-DC connections, not sure if anyone has done it on the UEV14 yet though.

Anderson plug in the pull out kitchen is used for fridges. Australian/ SA units dont use 12v plugs the same way we do. They use anderson plugs. Which, are much better for off roading because they dont come loose while off roading. There should be an anderson plug in the front of your trailer as well that you can use for charging your batteries either via anderson plug from the truck or from a solar panel with a built in solar controller. We have had several people do the DC-DC connections, not sure if anyone has done it on the UEV14 yet though.
With the control panel unscrewed inside the camper, I can see an Anderson connector labeled "DC-DC" plugged into the back of it. Is the DC-DC charger installed in between this connection? But is it best to position the charger as close to the battery bank as possible? In other words, installing the charger in the space behind the control panel is not the best place, correct?

The manual for the Renogy 40A DC-DC charger lists 4 awg wire for the run from the tow vehicle battery to the trailer battery bank. However, the gauge wire used by Conqueror from the tongue to the back of the control panel is smaller, maybe 10 awg. Should I bother replacing it with 4 awg?

Thanks!

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

With the control panel unscrewed inside the camper, I can see an Anderson connector labeled "DC-DC" plugged into the back of it. Is the DC-DC charger installed in between this connection? But is it best to position the charger as close to the battery bank as possible? In other words, installing the charger in the space behind the control panel is not the best place, correct?

The manual for the Renogy 40A DC-DC charger lists 4 awg wire for the run from the tow vehicle battery to the trailer battery bank. However, the gauge wire used by Conqueror from the tongue to the back of the control panel is smaller, maybe 10 awg. Should I bother replacing it with 4 awg?

Thanks!

I have been told that some tow vehicles have issues with DC-DC charges that are 30amp or more. I have no idea if this is the case with your trailer, tow vehicle and Renogy charger but it maybe worth some research. I will confirm this with my solar guru.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I have been told that some tow vehicles have issues with DC-DC charges that are 30amp or more. I have no idea if this is the case with your trailer, tow vehicle and Renogy charger but it maybe worth some research. I will confirm this with my solar guru.

Maybe you have already considered this:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior